- Over 14 years of Offering Advanced Skills and High - Quality Performance in Systems/Network Installation, Configuration, Upgrades, Migration, and Problem Resolution Activities within the Information Technology Environment
- Ability to handle interruptions during the day and at the same time stay on task with job in a unstructured and fast paced environment.
- Capable of anticipating things that needed to be done to accomplish objectives.
- Able to supervise employees, establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, and secure cooperation in difficult work situations independently or within a team environment.
- Innate analytic and problem solving skills with the keen ability to assess needs, define requirements, develop value added solutions, and execute technical solutions that streamline and improve operating efficiency.
Confidential, Chester, VA
- Install new networks that resolved connectivity problems between home office and remote offices.
- Administration and maintenance of company’s internal systems, as well as configuration and setup of all new server systems required internally for the company’s activities.
- Firewall administration and overall responsibility for company IT security, assist in administration of email servers for company wide email.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Manage all aspects of installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows OS Server and Workstations.
- Create, manage, and optimize primary and backup domain servers, user and group accounts.
- Installation and maintenance of equipment such as workstations, servers and other hardware, as well as physical changes to computer databases to meet the end users’ needs for (3) locations plus a mobile unit.
- Monitored status of Career Resource Centers’ network to ensure that terminals, controllers, and modems are functioning properly and that security maintained.
- Communicated effectively with coworkers, superiors, to the public, representatives of public and private organizations to exchange or convey information.
- Developed excellent rapport and built relationships with customers through attention to detail in defining needs and providing effective service and solutions.
- Provided information and assistance to clients in the Career Center; assist clients with completing applications, accessing employment opportunities, and establishing email accounts.
- Analyzed new hardware and software determine its need or application in the existing system or new systems.
- Tested and evaluated hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
- Maintained, installed and debugged MS desktop applications file servers, printers, switches/routers and associated equipment.