- Analyzes and track program performance and activities against plans, metrics, and action items
- Collects and coordinates data to prepare spreadsheets, reports, and briefings
- Provide management assistance, schedule meetings, prepare agendas and minutes and track action items
- Positive, can do attitude, with good organizational skills and a track record of accomplishments as a self - starter willing to tackle new tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a demonstrated ability for working successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast pace environment
- Effective problem solving skills: ability to realize the problem, evaluate all options, and resolve the issue
- Knowledge of the federal budget process
- Knowledge of fiscal service operations
- Ability to perform duties in support of budgeting functions
- Ability to communicate effectively to convey information to a diverse group
- Knowledge of office administrative practices and procedures
- Possess solid inter-personal skills and attention to detail
Operating system: Windows 95-2000, NT, XP, & MS-DOS.
Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Microsoft Vision, Microsoft Project, Endnotes, File Maker, Form Flow, MS-Outlook, MS-Project, Delpro, Office Accelerator, Ambis, ACT, Frontpage, Quarrto Pro, Serum-Pro and Lotus Notes.
Other: HTML, CCNA, NIH Portal, A+, PRISMS, AUTO-DOC, FL, Fast Data, COBRA/ Confidential, GFMS, BRMS, ILMS, E2, TM8, SharePoint, Data Warehouse, CTPMIS & IP Scanner.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Maintain and manage budgets of over $40M for several International Countries.
- Provide guidance, support, and recommendations related to budget planning to Program Managers, before monthly program meetings also at the beginning of the fiscal year
- Create ATA numbers to stay within the planned budget within the DS accounting systems CTPMIS; Review recommendations on budget execution
- Assist in the preparation of Congressional Notifications by analyzing priority of needs for the countries and availability of allocated funds
- Work with the Program Managers: Review financial planning requests, Make recommendations on funding allocations
- Monitor financial and program performance throughout the fiscal year to ensure compliance with financial plan intent and effective utilization of resources
- Provide analyses and recommendations on unfunded requirements and financial planning performance; and Review funding requests to the actual obligation need.
- Perform budget administration support work, such as providing information and guidance to program managers and staff on: procedures, forms, and documentation required to support budget transactions, estimates, and requests; perform duties in support of agency financial systems such as entry of financial data into automated systems or processing of various transactions.
- Work closely with internal/external offices and vendors to resolve financial matters when paying invoices, interact with the CFO budget analyst, and the Financial Center in Charleston to address payment issues; correct financial records and implement corrective measures to eliminate repeat conditions; research obligations and accrual/disbursement documents to ensure that data is accurate and properly processed, and ensure clear audit trail through the financial systems.
- Review the accuracy and properness of vendor invoices (contracts, purchase orders, miscellaneous document types), ensuring compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Prompt Payment Act, and Federal Travel Regulations; work closely with procurement staff on issues related to purchase orders and contract agreement terms that affect the properness of vendor invoices; research Treasury payment schedules and reissue payments as appropriate; participate in project teams to reconcile and clear financial transactions and outstanding account balances and work with accounting staff to de-obligate remaining balances; perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform a full range of budget activities for several assigned appropriations.
- Coordinate budgetary and programmatic activities between the Program Office and the Office of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide the highest quality budget and financial management services to our customers while safeguarding all funds from misappropriation, waste, loss, and unauthorized use in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties for the Office of Chief Financial Officer related to budget execution and review; analyzing and interpreting directives, policies and other guidelines to the assigned segment of the budget.
- Support the Bureau of Diplomatic Security with sound financial management by properly interpreting and correctly applying public laws, departmental rules and regulations, and Congressional and OMB mandates.
- Apply knowledge and skills of the department’s automated document tracking ledgers in the recording of all commitments, obligations, and disbursement in accordance with the standard operating procedures. Issuing unique control numbers to identify document ensure it is entered on the document and in the automated tracking ledgers accurately.
- Ensure financial management of programs by maintaining funds for assigned appropriations by ensuring that sufficient funding has been provided for the appropriation. Monitors the execution level of programs and advises of corrective action needed to ensure the program does not exceed funded levels. Ensure documents presented for commitment, obligation and payment are complete, accurate and processed timely in accordance with the standard operating procedures. Ensures that payment documents are processed and provided to Vendor Claims in a timely, accurate and efficient manner to prevent Prompt Payment Act violations.
- Reviews and edits budget justification data submitted in support of budget estimates or requests for allotments by comparison with source documents.
- Keeps informal records of obligations and expenditures to provide timely information to program managers and the Budget Officer.
- Compile data for financial reports, compute financial data consult with manager and supervisors, develop budgets, develop or maintain budgeting databases, make presentations on financial matters, make revenue forecast and monitor operational budget.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Perform basic accounting functions on proprietary, budgetary and general ledger accounts.
- Daily downloads include: USSGL trial balance report, Active Document Listing for Unmatched S960, QMF reports (daily, commitments, UMD, USSGL chargeable), TEXV for two UIC’s, CA VIEW (IDA-128, 129, 312, LXR3102),RUST, RDOC.
- Enter financial data from the OPTAR; Confidential ’s fiscal year planned budget into Confidential to track expenditures in order for the obligation and commits to flow to Confidential . Use Confidential - FL and Confidential to track/correct un-reconciled funding in the expenditures for the current/prior fiscal years.
- Create and run macros in STAR’s FL to download expenses reports to submit to comptroller for daily review.
- Input Confidential downloads to linked Excel spreadsheets with references daily that show available balances in all FY accounts.
- Download reports from STAR’s FL and use SMART reports to update briefings for comptroller’s weekly, quarterly, and monthly presentations.
- Track approved funding documents and unsuspended funding in Confidential ; Confidential electronic financial databases.
- Create funding documents in Confidential and review credit card invoices, travel vouchers, reimbursements and travel orders to be submitted to comptroller for acceptance.
- Provide available balances from Confidential FL and status of funds from Confidential in order for the comptroller to make decisions on current year budgeting.
- Input, review and track all the departments funding documents, credit card invoices, travel vouchers, reimbursements and travel orders using the FY09 document lifecycle.
- Run reports and queries from the Confidential system to track funding obligation and expenditures rates.
- Compare available funds, obligations, commitments, undistributed and expenditure rates to predetermined benchmarks to detect problems area.
- Completed a major scanning project, which included uploading all of the FY04 - FY09 Funding documents/ Contracts onto the network’s shared directories for all to access in the transition process.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Observe changes in the Obligations, Commits and Expenditures for PEO IWS 1AQ Ships, then update and report monthly changes to Confidential client.
- Provide emails weekly to PEO IWS 1AQ program of the available balances from the SCN Review report and Program Resources /Status Report (PRSR) ensuring the data provided accurately reflects the most recent program financial status.
- Review and track different types of funding documents including Work Requests, Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), Project Directives (PDs) and Financial Accounting Data (FAD) sheets.
- Run reports and queries from the Confidential Confidential /COBRA system to track funding obligation and commitments.
- Track changes to outstanding commitments with use of COBRA and PRISMS database reports.
- Research and collect information to fill in the contract numbers, modifications numbers, transaction dates, descriptions, or task codes as required on the SCN Review report.
- Proofread PEO IWS 1AQ monthly report for errors and then file all month end reports on the local drive.
- Serve as a back up for completing Contract close-out and DDG (400D) work.
- Submit actions for PEO IWS 1AQ-3 each week for the Acquisition Planning Actions report.
- Assure funds are available in Confidential /COBRA to submit Quarter Limitation of Payments (QLOP’s) for NSSC upon arrival.
- Track documents and contracts on the Daily file with the uses of Auto-Doc and Prism accounting programs.
- Gain familiarity with the Bluebook to assume the responsibility for explaining the report.
- Consolidated and unified reports under the direction of the sr. analyst.
- Linked the bluebook, budgetary apportionment & funding apportionment to improve and consolidate error checks and avoid repeat entries in various program reports also to ensure that the formulas added correctly.
- Coordinated the Confidential /COBRA and PRISMS accounting downloads with prior months to update obligations and commitments for generation of month end report.
- Mastered all procedures of formulating and revising the status reports for shipbuilding accounts.
- Gain knowledge of when funding needs to be calculated into formula for balances.
- Figured out how to get expenditures for the cost categories for the DDG-51 program.
- Visited with the Confidential clients and assured that all the information submitted was accurate, up-to-date and delivered on time each month.
- Provided and identified program funding increases, reserves and shortfalls to give status of the funds in the Planning, Programming & Budgeting System (PPBS) budgeting cycle with reporting information.
- Created a desk procedure for all the responsibilities assigned on the contract.
- Responsibilities included processing, reviewing and maintaining all fiscal-related activities /analytical work in support of the Confidential ’s four directorate’s budget execution function.
- Assisted Directors as needed with completion of FY07 Program/ Budget Cycle Overview (R-2).
- Attended January and April Program review sessions as support to Directors on financial input.
- Completed draft of Directors Outyear Budgets for the FY06-FY09 budget years.
- Provided guidance and updated the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the Confidential Directors.
- Tracked contractors and government field activities execution /expenditures for Confidential directors.
- Updated monthly expenditure reports for BFM and Confidential directors with the use of Confidential and monthly financial reports for contractors or financial expenditure reports for field activities.
- Maintained status of OM&N budget execution/ expenditures under the direction of the Business Financial Management (BFM) team.
- Managed supply orders for Confidential which included: coordinating with AAUSN for purchase orders; examining estimates of cost; equipment services; installation costs; performance requirements and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assisted with the preparation of Confidential ’s, OSD’s, and President's budgets for DoD appropriations.
- Assisted with formulation of budget execution and phasing obligation plans.
- Analyzed budgetary and contractual documents for BFM, to update contract list; Statements of Work (SOW); CHENG Task and the personnel list.
- Reviewed and submitted payment for monthly invoices from contractors after BFM validated/ approved.
- Completed and submitted an array of government documents in Forms flow on behalf of BFM.
- Assisted with funding document generation across all appropriations Financial Accounting Data packages (FAD), RX/WX's, Project Directives (PD), etc), preparation of various execution status reports, contract closeout reconciliation, contract management, and expenditure analysis to track variances from planned rates.
- Assisted SR. financial analyst on DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, & Execution (PPBE), with particular focus on funds resource management and financial execution.
- Assisted Sr. financial analyst with updates and modifications to Budget Exhibits.
- Provided support to the BFM team in the analysis/ reconciliation of automated billing data and completion of financial standard operating procedures.
- Updated and completed Secretarial Review Board report (SRB) for BFM.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Assisted in the development of situation reports and assist in the preparation of briefing materials as required for non-routine requirements
- Maintain staff logs, incident logs, files, records, rosters, critical incidents, procedures and correspondence containing sensitive information
- Provided a wide variety of services to scientific and administrative organizations which included: data collection and tracking; reviewing documents and reports for accuracy; researching information in files and databases; maintaining office files and records; processing correspondence; screen telephone calls and supply information; review e-mail, update calendars, create spreadsheets, databases, and graphics
- Prepared travel authorizations / vouchers; processed, packaged, and routed hiring packages also protocols upon completion; and performed timekeeping duties for office staff