- As you will see from my resume I have extensive experience in a service center/help desk support environment.
- I have over 15 years experience with Windows 7&8, Vista\Windows XP, 2000, NT and all Legacy windows operating systems at a university, legal firms, investment banking firms, non - profit organizations and IT firms.
- I am expert in supporting the entire MS Office Suite. Imaging and ghosting using Windows PE and Norton Ghost utility. My work experience includes strong hands-on technical skills with Dell, HP/Compaq, IBM Thinkpad/Lenovo, Apple Macintosh, and various other Intel-based PC workstations and laptops.
- I have provided support for organizations of 500-1000 users, and managed many large-scale projects including rollouts and upgrades, coordinating with technicians and software application developers to successfully meet aggressive deadlines.
Operating Systems: Windows 7&8, Vista, XP, Windows 2000, NT4; 98 & 95, Windows Server 2000, Active Directory, WINS/DNS/DHCP/TCPIP, Macintosh, DOS
Customer Tracking Softwre: HP Service Manager, Remedy, HEAT, Touch Paper, Track-It/ TeamTrak
Hardware: Repairing, maintaining, imaging and upgrading - Dell, HP, Toshiba, IBM, Gateway and other Intel based PC workstations. Rack mounted Dell PowerEdge, IBM, and Compaq Proliant servers. Apple Macintosh - MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac's, Mac Pro .
Printers: HP, Apple, Cannon Xerox
Software: Windows - Microsoft Office 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, Symantec Antivirus
Packages: Citrix ICA, Veritas Backup Exec Software, PcAnywhere, Remedy, Track-It, Sybase Power Builder, MRI, Chameleon, Veritas Backup Exec.
Network Desktop Support Specialist
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair computing related issues and questions face-to-face, and by telephone contact or remotely (using Go To Assist and Remote Desktop) for both the faculty and staff of GU campus, MedStar Confidential Hospital in Tier 1 & 2 support capacity.
- Support all Microsoft Office productivity applications and university administrative applications and provide one-on-one training for users if needed.
- Configure and maintain automated back-ups of computing systems
- Provide guidance for faculty and staff on their computing purchases; install and configure all new computer systems (Macintosh and PCs), printers, scanners, iPhone, iPad, laptops, and other computing related devices.
- Set up VPN, remote desktop and maintain pathways from home to office computers for faculty and staff that need to work from home or while traveling
- Large and small scaled PC deployments, including application loading, user data migration, new PC deployments, imaging workstations.
- Manage, teach and train summer interns from IT Computer Wiz Kids afterschool programs now employed by Georgetown U .
- Answered inbound calls with excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills. Excellent friendly customer service. Entered caller/customer personal data in the course of customer application process incident resolution Document incident information and activities/actions into ticketing system (HP Service Manager).
- Troubleshooting technical issues over the phone via remote control and in person via desk side support resolving customer problems relating to hardware, software, email, printing.
- Preparing outdated equipment which includes wiping the hard drives and removing serial numbers from inventory database.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware problems, including PCs, local and network printers, and scanners.
- Upgrading and re-imaging desktop PCs and laptops using Norton Ghost.
- Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting end-user Outlook e-mail accounts.
- Answering Help Desk calls during regular business hours, inputting call information into HEAT call tracking system, documenting incidents and problem resolutions
Technical Services Specialist
- Provide help desk telephone support for approx 475 users. Utilizing PCAnyware and MS Remote Desktop Access.
- Collect and enter pertinent call data from the user into the TouchPaper helpdesk tracking system and the Lotus Notes Incident Tracking Database.
- Provide support and training for legal enterprise-wide applications, e.g., MS Office XP, Outlook Exchange, Lotus Notes, Interwoven Desksite, Enhanced Time Entry (ETE), and TraxOpen.
- Participate in Firm-wide software testing and roll-outs using Marimba & Channel Manager application distribution software programs
- Set-up and maintain new and replacement desktops and laptops, and maintains inventory records
- Resolve hardware related issues of the desktops and other peripherals
- Provide RAS support of Firm issued tokens and soft tokens and services, i.e. VPN/extranet, secure ID tokens, Install, troubleshoot and support Blackberries, cell phones, and wireless devices; laptops, routers and switches.
- Provide Audio/Visual (A/V) support for video and web conferences.
- Create, modify and troubleshoot user network logon accounts.
- Provide Assistance with the maintenance of network servers and components.
- Perform and maintain data backups and restores using Veritas Backup Exec
Desktop Support Technician
- My responsibilities were to record, track, escalate, and update calls through ticketing systems Track-It and TeamTrak problem tracking system, supporting FRB's trading floor, Research department, Banking Division and all remote offices.
- Specialized in MS Office 2000/2003 applications, Outlook 2000, Blackberry and Custom-developed applications. Trained, troubleshooted, and explaining all software issues.
- Responsibilities included Tier I and II user resolution and resolve 60% of all calls on first contact. 50% of fixes using PC Anywhere.
- Configured, test and deployed workstations laptops/docking stations. Configured workstations necessary to operate on the network, including the installation of operating systems and application software. Assisted in patch management process of MS Windows updates and security updates by testing and deploying company wide to all PC's on the network. Provided hardware and software support for PC's and Laptops ghost imaging of desktop for swaps and new installs using Norton Ghost.
- Provide one-on-one training for users if needed. Develop procedures, develop FAQ's, manage and participated in projects, including deployment and installing of summer interns.
- Performed inventory and tracking of all equipment and user moves (hardware and software).