To acquire a challenging position in operations sector that allows for professional career growth in finance, accounting and project management.
- Over 4 years of successful Trade Operations and Settlement experience
- Profound working knowledge of domestic and international equity, fixed income, derivative products.
- Expert knowledge of trade processing workflows, systems and process across complex instrument types Fixed Income, commodities, Equities, Options, foreign exchange and derivatives products.
- Record of 98% error free trade and settlement operation work
- Able to supervise, motivate and work meticulously with cross - functional teams to effectively resolve issues, identify and solve trade discrepancies and handle special portfolio trading requests
- Solid reputation for integrity and the ability to work effectively with staff members from all corporate levels, excellent leadership, time management and customer service skills
- Excelled in Confidential Investment Managed applications (Portfolio Accounting System, SWIFT, Citrix, Blackrock Solutions - Aladdin, Derivatives Work Station and Multi-currency Horizon) along with strong Bloomberg Terminal experience
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
Confidential, Boston, MA
Oversight/Senior Trade Support Specialist
- Working as a liaison between different internal groups: trading teams, accounting department and equity and settlement groups.
- Working with Financial Data Analyst group for data preparations, and analyses on overall relevant data to find system improvements and forecast impacts on various financial operations.
- Working with Global Investment team in managing portfolio of 20,000+ funds.
- Daily, monthly and annual oversight and management of trade and settlement processing and supervised accuracy of T + 1 trade processing of the entire team.
- Responsible for daily workflow within multiple systems by running extensive macros and performing manual checks; also accountable for recording daily end of the day check list
- Assessing and resolving trade discrepancy and complex issues to resolution, ensure the trades are booked with the correct Domestic or International Security types and Asset Class Codes depending on it being Short or Long Term trades to avoid any accrual or pricing errors
- Act as a resource within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related queries such as cash breaks, failed trades, settlements, etc and make sure that the resolution is well-documented and communicated to appropriate parties
- Follow escalation procedures to ensure timeliness and accuracy of trade processing including Fixed Income, Equity, Municipal Bonds and Derivatives trades.
- Meet multiple trade deadlines on daily basis, also responsible for managing the team’s month end special processing to meet the pricing and NAV strict deadlines.
- Played a vital role in conversion of one of the most complex clients from New Jersey to Boston and single handedly trained the entire Boston team on the clients requirements, processes and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate workflow/system improvements, and work with trade processing teams and higher management to enact changes and implement new processes and procedures to increase daily workflow efficiencies.
- Actively training new hires and more junior staff in the group
- Writing procedures for the tasks within the group
- Actively working on various ad hoc projects as assigned by the management including SAS70 audit requests
- Identifying and analyzing trade and settlement reporting trends, discrepancies, fluctuation for financial forecasting and other in-depth financial results for the Equity and global investment teams.
Equity Trade Operation Specialist
- Work as a liaison between internal groups and external counterparties; including clients, brokers and custodians
- Confirm all trades from broker and custodians - cleanse and post to systems.
- Ensure proper process of all trades to relevant internal systems and external interfaces
- Reconcile trading data and positions between accounting systems, prime brokerage accounts and traders and download and enter pricing data.
- Analyze movements outside set parameters; Calculate and verify returns for all portfolios.
- Assist the Settlements group as needed to ensure settlement of all trades with counterparties
- Analyze current process flows for more creative and efficient ways to complete the process
- Worked with project teams to provide specific research, writing and analytic input to ongoing, funded projects.
- Conducted an intense research on the companies and its energy assets using the Bloomberg Terminal to write brief informed descriptions which are uploaded to the Bloomberg machine and is used by the clients to make investment decisions.
- Responsible for running quality control over the team’s work before the final submission to manager and meet the tight deadlines of the project completion.
- Assisted the Energy Assets team in the implementation and development.
- Introduced the consultants to the vendors in the market for placements.
- Prepared the invoices and get in touch with ADP if any changes required for the payroll.
- Contacted the vendors from the hot list and network the company through communication.