- An I.T. professional. Over 20++ years of experience in the IT industry .
- Strong experience within the system from installation, implementation to change management .
- Had led a workforce of 10 people for various project planning and implementation of technical - related activities, such as system and storage upgrades, load balancing of storage files and network traffic, enhance system and application security.
- With extensive exposure in account and project management in 4 major banking institutions, ranging, from I.T. services to non-I.T. services.
Proficient in: Microsoft Windows, IBM zSeries, Project Management and Customer Management.
I.T. Offshore Manager
- Managed the entire offshore team of the company ( Business Intelligence, Service Desk, Incident Management, Customer Relations Management, Data Base, Product System Support ).
- Primary responsible for the co-location disaster recovery project of the company's clients to designated off-site location, and ensure business continuity among all clients
- Responsible in the close coordination with the agreed pre-sales and post sales relationship with all clients.
- Responsible that all agreed SLA(s) as agreed with clients are satisfactorily met via signed agreement forms from the proper clients' signatories.
- Implemented system PTF(s) upgrade as I see deem fit that would suit the clients' requirements.
- Also ensuring that the condition of the storage system and all host-systems ( iSeiries, pSeries and zSeries) servers attached are well orchestrated.
- Installed and configured the newly acquired IBM DS(xx) Storage sub-system for the, then, storage upgrade from, 3.4 TB to 7.11 TB.
- Re-configured the clients\ security system via Confidential, aside from using Computer Associates TopSecret Secrurity Software.
- Maintain the entire operating system where the core banking system of the bank operates, using IBM supplied resources.
- Performed CICS/TS related software services prior to migration, fromVSE Operating System to z/OS Operating System.
- Ensuring that the production cut-over will be smooth, using well-maintained CICS MRO (Multi-Region) facility.
- Ensuring that proper resources for both VTAM (network) and VSAM (storage and buffer) resources are well-balanced so to avoid any performance degradation.
- Provides support to all IBM customers (for both z/OS and z/VSE platforms) and it’s related concerns.
- Also serves as level 3 support for all platforms.
- Conducts quarterly Account Review Meeting and Presentations
- Prepares inventory of all equipments and services delivered, due for delivery and other concerns of the clients that I handled
Network Systems Programmer
- Ensure the implementation of the software upgrade of 3 rd party products by 2 nd quarter of 2006.
- As part of the internal Audit findings for security, SSL ports must be implemented by 2 nd quarter of 2006.
- With the large number of data transmissions that are coming through, all IP ports in the operating system must always have a counterpart in another LPAR in the event of a partition shutdown.
- Initiated the gradual implementation of the Operating System upgrade, from VSE/ESA v1.3.6 to v2.50
- Designed and implemented the architecture of the bank’s cross system application under one platform across multiple LPARs.
- Managed to design and implement a disaster recovery site for the bank as per the guidelines released by the senior budget management of the bank.
- Researched, tested and implemented the SNA functionality of OSA in replacement of the existing NCP - based related network.
- Researched and recommended to management to upgrade, then current release of VSE/ESA(2.2) to VSE/ESA(2.5).
- The reason for such recommendation was in preparation for the bank’s network protocol to be shifted from SNA to TCP/IP.
- Customized the Hardware Management Console to suit the bank’s I.T policy regarding operator management.
- Re-configured the OSA-2 card via the Hardware Management Console to accommodate more subsequent connections from the banks growing network.
- Supervise the junior technical support staffs in the IT - Technical Support department
- Reports directly to the Technical Support Department head and IT Division head
MAINFRAME OPERATOR/ PRODUCTION CONTROL OFFICER
- Perform IPL (Initial Program Load) for the proper start-up of the Mainframe machine and its computer hardware and ensures operational function of its peripheral equipment.
- Activates systems’ powers and load the VSE/ESA (Enterprise System Architecture) software as its main tool in the creation and execution of production jobs.
- Performing an online activation of all NCP (Network Control Protocol) in connection with the online system of Teller machines and ATM machines.
- Process all batch jobs under CICS-VSE format in both production and test regions. Process jobs according to job instruction concerning program revisions, Payroll programs, initiation of FMS (File Maintenance System) and perform other special and pre-run instructions. Edit /creates JCL as needed
- Logs all problems encountered during batch processing and informing technical support group or programmers of the said error in order to ensure effective execution of all production jobs.
- Ensures that problems and delays in operation are properly escalated to the shift supervisor, EDP Operations Head and the respective support groups.
- Assist the programmers or Tech. Support by determining the cause and if possible, the solution to the problem encountered during the shift.
- Performs a day to day back up of production files under SA, CA, ATM, ST (Savings Time), IM (Impacs) which will be needed for recovery procedure.
- Responsible for the printing of jobs needed by the branches and other departments such as daily reports, history of transactions as well as some lost reports.
- Make a cartridge back up and back-up all production reports under RMS (Report Management System) format.
- Performing close-out procedure before batch processing, this method is vital in the production of ATM mainly its purpose to gather data or information occurred during the day like Deposit information, Withdrawal information, error logs, and cartridges problems.
- Updating ATM cartridge data when an ATM was not successfully closed-out by using an automated self-service electronic maintenance system.
- Ensures that the daily schedule requests and the standard of quality is met in accordance to the standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates with fellow computer operators the problems or whatever that may arise to ensure completeness and continuity of work during shift turnovers.
- Obey all the company policies and procedures and adopt such in daily work activities.