To obtain a challenging position within your Data Processing environment, and use my knowledge to help your team.
DATA Software: MVS/XA Operator commands, JES2 OS/JCL, TSO
Hardware: IBM ES9000 CPU, IBM VTS 3494/B18, IBM 3090, CPU Storage Tek Vsm's, Vsm 903. Storage Tek 9311 Nearline silos. Storage Tek 4410 Nearline Silos 3490E Tape drive, 3290 Operator console AS400 CPU, 3800 laser printers
- Responsible for supervising 30 associates and scheduling work hours.
- Also batch processing, 2nd level problem determination and monitoring MVS consoles, mounting tapes, using printers, training operators.
- Benefitted from using The Confidential system and CICS onlines for customer support.
- And also monitored automated Silo's and Virtual Silos and maintained them with virtual scratch tapes.
- Preformed library procedures such as identifying bad tapes, and also sending them offsite for DR purposes on a daily basis.
Lead Computer Operator
- Monitored main console, instructed and trained other operators in Procedures, scheduled employee work hours.
- Monitored main console, worked all printers, performed all other duties of a computer operator.