- Desktop Support and help desk network technologist with experience with several global enterprises.
- Experienced Supervisor of Technical personnel.
- Proficient with MS Office 2000, 2003, TCP/IP, Windows NT, 2000, XP Professional, Vista.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to handle multiple projects and work requests simultaneously.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Access database administrator for the company's database used to manage their data on which the company managed their billing and reporting data.
- Also worked closely with outside developer to make major enhancements to the Access database.
- Administered the CoreXpand website that hosted the different redemption stores.
- Administered the Campaign Monitor website that was used to email our redemption certificates to clients.
- Created documentation of the data processing procedures, procedures for working remotely and Microsoft Office applications.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Configured and installed software for user’s desktops and laptops.
- Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, and new desktop hardware.
- Re - imaged desktop and laptop computers.
- Remove hard drives and replaced with imaged hard drives.
- Maintained desktop software and hardware, and tested and ensured applications were correctly installed and configured on the computer.
- Troubleshoot problems using scripts and checklists as a guide using the highest level of technical support
- Displayed ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Responsible for installing COTS products, In-House applications, product optimizing, installation of and configuration of network printers, scanners and other PC peripherals.
- Supported LAN infrastructure including routers, switches, hubs and scanners, as well as Avaya IP Office PBX phone systems, voicemail and programming.
- On-site installations and rollout for Confidential in the conversion from Lotus Notes to Outlook email software including resolutions of problems resulting from that conversion.
- As the project lead I represented Confidential in project status updates, procedural questions, documentation and training on the software program and any troubleshooting that might be required.
- In addition to project lead, I became adept in programming Visual Basic and contributed much to the database program.
IT Specialist - Desk Side Support
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
- I was responsible for interfacing all levels, including upper management, regarding their computer needs.
- Provided support for users and troubleshooting issues relating to hardware, software and network connectivity problems.
- Connection and configuration of peripherals like Printers, hubs, print servers etc.
- Provided immediate computer repair support for users and, when required, replaced desktop computers.
- Also, when necessary Installed computer hardware such as hard drives, NIC cards, sound cards, and power supplies.
- Deliver PC’s to end user's desk and go through delivery checklist to verify all necessary applications were configured and operational.
- Picked up and returned old PC equipment to designated area and prepare for disposal.