Information technology technician and support specialist with more than 12 years of experience providing network, hardware, desktop, and online technical support. Maintain hardware and software inventory, install repair laptop/desktop computers, peripherals, network connectivity, and software applications. Possess extensive knowledge of customer service, desktop systems, troubleshooting procedures, and technical operating skills for Microsoft Office 2000, 2003, 2007,, 2010 Windows 2000, Windows Xp, Windows 7, NT, and MS DOS. Possess experience working with routers, switches, hubs, Blackberry, printers and multifunction devices. Proven communication and customer service skills for varied clients and end - users.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, NT, DOS.
Software: MS Office, Office 2000, Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, Vantive, IE XX, Lotus Notes, Remedy, Active Directory
Confidential, Rosslyn, Virginia
Local Technology Support
- Supporting 300 + users at Confidential
- Break fix of Dell and Lenovo Laptops
- Replacing Keyboards, Motherboards, screens, and various parts
- Managing print server onsite that consisted of 5 Ricoh MFD’s
- Tracking and managing tickets in Remedy
- Management of Network switches and wireless network onsite
- Keeping track of inventory and supplies for IT equipment onsite
Confidential, Germantown, MD
Desktop Support Specialist
- Support of 450 + users at home site as well as the management of four other remote sites.
- Setup and configuration Laptops/Desktops for New Hires.
- Collected equipment from terminated employees
- Break fix of Desktops, Laptops, Printers
- Supporting Blackberry and other PDA devices
- Imaging and reimaging of systems using Norton Ghost
- Refresh out of warranty systems
- Inventory management of systems and equipment.
- Management of computers in Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
- Member of NSD Migration team which converted users from Agilent to JDSU systems and opened new offices worldwide
- Experience working with Dell and Lenovo Hardware
Confidential, Ashburn, Virginia
Pc Refresh/Tech Support
- Imaging and configuration of HP laptops and desktops.
- Migration of user data to new machines.
- Installation of customer approved software and the configuration of users email account in Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes.
- Worked as a team with three other technicians to complete 15-20 PC refreshes per day.
Confidential, Woodbridge, Virginia
Technical Support Specialist
- Setup, configuration and inventory management of new monitors, printers and scanners.
- Provided support for and was part of migration from Windows 2000 to Windows Xp
- Covered Northern part of the county (Manassas, Nokesville, and Haymarket), monitoring and taking care of any problems/issues.
- Installation and support for various COTS software as well as Microsoft Office
- Resolution of five to ten trouble tickets per day.
- Remote incident responses and coordination of onsite services
- Utilized incident tracking software called Vantive to resolve and keep track of technical support issues/problems.
Confidential, Lorton, Virginia
- Delivery and configuration of desktops, laptops and audio/video equipment in the DC area.
- Setup and troubleshooting of Apple Systems running Mac OS
- Maintenance and testing of monitors, printers, faxes and plasma displays.
- Pc, network, audio visual setup and teardown for tradeshows and conventions along the east coast
- Setup of wired and wireless networks for multiple clients.
- Technical Support for computer equipment in use at multiple client sites.
- Dispatching of drivers and technicians.
Confidential, Springfield, Virginia
IT Help Desk Specialist
- Technical phone based support for users located all across the country.
- In charge of filling out trouble tickets and repair forms for hardware returned for repair or replacement
- Technical visits to schools in Spotsylvania County for repair or replacement of hardware.