To obtain a position in an IT company that utilizes my vast experience as a Senior COBOL Developer as well as provides an environment for professional growth.
- Over ten years of experience in software design, development, testing, and maintenance in a CA - IDMS mainframe environment.
- 10+ years of experience in IT supporting the implementation of large software systems for public sector clients.
- Over ten years of COBOL, JCL and On-Line programming experience.
- Strong experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including design, requirement analysis, integration testing, development, production rollout, customer, and on-going support.
- Proven technical leadership necessary to achieve SEI CMMI Level 4 Maturity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills in on-line and batch processing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor as required.
- Experienced in working with on-site clients.
- Highly customer service oriented with proven ability to work with business customers.
- Extensively used MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, DOORS, and Remedy.
Languages: COBOL, Job Control Language (JCL), DMLO, OLQM, MAPC, IDDM, ADS/O, JAVA
Utilities: TSO/ISPF, IBM Utilities
Databases: CA- IDMS
Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project 2010
Online Requirements Tools: DOORS, Remedy
Confidential, Washington, DC
Information Technology Specialist
- Technical Team Lead of a Financial System that provided on-line and batch access for tracking, maintaining, and reporting data for the Department of Homeland Security - Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Performed full lifecycle (SDLC) processes to including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and production support.
- Consulted with federal government clients to identify needs and developed information products to meet those needs.
- Gathered customer requirements from field sights to enhance the efficiency of operation of existing systems and developed software applications to meet the specifications and requirements of the client.
- Conducted quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- The entire process successfully enabled the Confidential Federal Law Enforcement Organization to achieve CMMI Level 4 Maturity.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, coded, tested, debugged, maintained, and documented programs written in COBOL.
- Performed analysis, coding, and unit testing of existing and new systems. Supported systems testing and UAT with defect fixes.
- Developed new COBOL programs and created VSAM file definitions for General Ledger and Online Funds Collection and produced ad hoc reports. Created JCL PROC(s) for transmittal of data elements.
- Created on-line screens for financial system using ADS/O, MAPC, ADSC, OLQM, and IDDM.
- Created and maintained schedules in MS Project and assisted project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks to ensure product efficiency and cost effectiveness that resulted in a 20% increase in product efficiency.
- Assisted in data mapping and conversion activities for legacy systems.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, writing technical specifications, managing development and release cycles, and coordinating deliverables with other departments such as Quality Assurance and Configuration Management.
- Consulted with customers to determine their needs, gathered and documented requirements, communicated with customers throughout the development process to manage customer expectations, resolve issues, and provide project status to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Created artifacts and documentation to include the business vision, technical vision, software development plan, risk list, and use case model and survey, as well as prepared the necessary iteration plans; and coordinated with programmers to create and test user cases for system development to ensure successful delivery of information technology services in response to requests from senior leadership.
- Served as subject matter expert on the requirements and testing phases of the Software Development Methodology and developed test plans for regression testing and debug processes, documented test results, recorded defects, and reported issues to senior leadership.
- Provided consultation and to less experienced personnel and wrote and maintained materials and participated in the demonstration of new and enhanced applications to customer and management.
- Prepared technical design documents, user manuals, integration test and execution signoff, implementation plans, disaster recovery plans, and test case documentation.
- Extensively used Microsoft Word. Excel, and PowerPoint to create reports and documents.
- Investigated high and low priority issues and provided permanent solutions within target date. Resolution involved both modifying existing programs as well as writing new ones.
- Prepared Migration Plan to move numerous modules from test environment into production environment. Implemented the migration plan with zero errors.
- Prepared written reports and documentation for client overview and served as technical liaison between information technology and clients.
- Represented company in presentations involving customer and co-contractors.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Coded, tested, and implemented new information systems, and developed standards and guidelines for processing requests for data services.
- Wrote, debugged, and maintained code and defined systems scope and objectives.
- Designed and implemented input/output screen layouts, menus and reports using COBOL in an IDMS environment.
- Performed impact analysis on software change requests.
- Consulted with customers to identify and specify requirements and developed overall functional and systems requirements and specifications.
- Developed cost estimates for new and existing systems.
- Analyzed and refined system requirements and translated systems requirements into application prototypes.
- Determined output formats and assured software and systems quality and functionality.
- Performed impact analysis on software change requests and then changed COBOL programs to adopt change requests. Developed test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems in response to customer reported incidents and maintained problem tracking and resolution databases.