- To offer 12 years of experience in the IT industry to a demanding employer that will utilize my server, PC, Mac, network troubleshooting, research, organizational, communication, and customer service skills to benefit company needs.
Hardware: Cisco 851, 1700, 2811, 2621XM, 7200 Routers. Cisco 2950 - 24, 2950T, 2960 Switches. Build, configure, upgrade, and trouble-shoot IBM compatible PCs. Troubleshoot and repair Compaq, Dell, HP, Alienware, Toshiba, Mac desktops/laptops. Blackberry, iPhone, HP Laserjet printers and Canon copiers. Zebra printers.
Software: BMC Remedy, Magic Database, Citrix/Clarify Database, Symitar, Lotus Notes, Office 97/2000/XP/ 2003/2007/2010 , SMS, Active Directory, VMware Workstation 6.5/7.1, Citrix XenApp Cisco VPN, Remote Desktop, Netmeeting, MS Office Communicator, RSA, Pointsec Encryption, PGP Encryption, Mcafee Endpoint Encryption, HP Mobile Information Protection, Microsoft FrontPage, Macromedia Studio MX, Adobe Acrobat Standard/Professional, Adobe Photoshop, Acronis, Norton Ghost, Norton Firewall, Norton Antivirus Corporate/Enterprise, Partition Magic, and various software.
Operating Cisco IOS 12.2 - 12.4, DOS, Windows 9X, Windows NT/2000:
Systems: Workstation/Advanced Server, Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/Small Business Server 2011, Exchange 2010/Hyper-V. Windows XP Home/ Media Center/Professional. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 7.5.1 - 10.6, Windows Mobile.
Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, POP, SMTP, IMAP, VPN, FTP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF.
PC Refresh Deployment Technician
- Transfer data from old desktop to new using internal migration tool ISYS.
- Keep track of hardware inventory.
- If migration tool fails to transfer data, manual recovery of data and software installation is performed.
- Verify users’ data/archived emails are present and is able to send/receive emails.
- Install software RSA token for user and verify user’s able to connect through Juniper Network connect.
- Provide remote technical assistance for migration issues with new system.
Network Administrator/IT Consultant
- Setup, deployed, and administrate new NVCGE domain server running Microsoft Small Business Server 2011.
- Maintain and support for 15 workstations running Windows XP and 34 users.
- Work closely with main office's IT group in evaluating and implementing solution to divide resources to Chantilly doctors and Fairfax doctors.
- Administrate and maintain Olympus Endoworks server.
- Responsible for research and application of new patches and updates to avoid system issues due to older software installed on XP workstations.
- Developed reputation as subject matter expert regarding technological needs for office.
Senior Information Technology Specialist
- Provide expert technical analysis and support for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Administrate Active Directory for account configuration and password resets.
- Configure and troubleshoot Citrix XenApp 5.0 for application virtualization.
- Perform hardware and software installation on government issued laptop and desktop systems.
- Provide high level technical support for printers, fax machines, PCs, and servers.
- Resolve security incident and malicious software related issues.
- Provide remote assistance to international clients in support of the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) contract.
- Provide Blackberry and iPhone support to USDA employees.
- Perform user and machine recovery of WDE tokens for client accounts.
- Perform RSA Token recovery for remote users.
- Provide superior technical support for escalated and VIP trouble tickets.
Senior Helpdesk Analyst
- Assisted on imaging, configuring, and deployment of new Dell laptops.
- Resolved both Mac/PC hardware/software related issues.
- Troubleshot PGP encrypted hard drives using PGP admin console.
- Provided phone and deskside support for all users including VIPs.
- Diagnosed and troubleshot Polycom video conferencing units
- Problem-solved network printer issues via remote desktop to print servers and locally.
- Diagnosed and resolved hardware/software connectivity issues.
- Implemented ITIL framework best practices.
- Setup and deleted IP phone profiles using Uni-Max 2nd Nature.
- Troubleshot and resolved VPN connectivity.
Systems Admin/IT Consultant
- Supported Windows/Mac desktops, laptops, and servers.
- Created new users in Mac server and applied necessary group policies.
- Imaged company laptops and desktops using Norton Ghost when operating system was rendered inoperable or for new users.
- Troubleshot and repaired hardware issues on Dell, Alienware, Toshiba, Compaq, HP, and Macintosh laptops and desktops by carefully diagnosing symptoms.
- Troubleshot internal email issues.
- Ensured all aspects of hardware and software are fully operational in a timely manner.
- Troubleshot Cisco VPN connectivity issues to company's secure network.
- Installed and configured Server 2003 for school Remote Desktop system.
- Created internal help pages on company Wiki.
- Assisted end-users on troubleshooting issues with Ruckus’ proprietary audio player on connectivity and functionality issues.
- Create help pages when new glitches or other issues arose in Ruckus Player.
- Assisted in software testing on updated Ruckus Player versions.