- Desktop Support Technician with hands - on experience supporting a wide range of computing technologies who currently is holding a Public Trust clearance, looking to expand my skills into a position supporting Macintosh and/or Linux Servers and clients which would ultimately lead to a role as a System Administrator.
- Experienced with working in a government owned enterprise facility supporting over 250 users in a scientific and administrative staff in a one - on-one environment.
- Hands-on experience with installing and supporting COTS software as well as specific government licensed software for enterprise use on PCs and Macs.
- Experience with configuring FileVault and FileVault 2 encryption application on Macintosh computers.
- Experience with installing and verifying encryption databases with Checkpoint encryption software on PC and Macintosh laptops.
- Experienced with deploying Mac OSX images using Casper imaging software.
- Experienced with installing and configuring Parallels for virtual machine setups.
- Familiarity with viewing and editing ACL's, file, and user permissions via the Mac Terminal application.
- Experienced with administering users via Active Directory as well as configuring password resets, group membership, network share access, enabling and disabling accounts.
- Familiarity configuring Outlook to send encrypted email.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues with Microsoft Office Suite (2007 & 2010 PC) (Office for Mac 2008 & 2011)
- Hands on experience configuring and supporting Mail application on Mac OS for enterprise usage.
- Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange email accounts on Windows based systems.
- Experience with supporting a wide variety of web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting startup issues on Mac OSX.
- Experienced with setting up VPN for end-users using government issued PIV cards and Cisco Any connect Client software.
- Able to quarantine and remove suspected malware and viruses from PCs and Macintosh systems.
- Comfortable managing basic to intermediate disk management tasks on the Macintosh OS via the Disk Utility application as well as the terminal application.
- Experience with configuring mobile devices such as Blackberry and Apple iOS devices receive enterprise email.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting devices and peripherals on PCs and Macintosh systems.
- Experienced with troubleshooting and repairing iOS devices (iPhone 4 &4s).
- Experienced with using the Windows command-line to resolve networking and software issues.
- Experience with referring to team written SOPs to resolve familiar issues.
- Great knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- Hands-on experience supporting Java based applications.
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting driver issues on Windows based systems.
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, and updating hardware device drivers on PCs.
- Familiarity with the installation and file system setup of a variety of Linux distributions.
- Experienced with backing up user data.
- Familiarity with configuring the MMC console on Windows enterprise and Server operating systems.
- Experienced configuring and installing networked printers in an enterprise LAN environment.
- Experienced working with government property staff to ensure all non-working systems are removed under specific security guidelines of the facility and placed in surplus.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols such as ping, arp, nslookup, netstat, and tracert to solve common network issues on computer systems.
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting system resource files and startup issues on OSX.
- Have received basic ITIL v3 training.
- Knowledgeable of managing basic file management commands, package management commands, as well as regular expressions on the Linux bash command line.
- 5 years total experience of troubleshooting PCs and Macintosh systems.
- Solid understanding of DNS and DHCP.
- Great knowledge of TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Experience with setting up projectors for presentations & video teleconferences.
- Proven ability to set up new print queues for networked printers with Windows Server 2003.
- Proven ability to set up users as approved delegates to receive and edit mailboxes and calendars of designating users within Microsoft Outlook.
- Experienced with deploying encryption software on enterprise computers.
- Knowledge of adhering to IT security policies within a government owned facility.
- Familiarity with RAID storage concepts such as RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 0+1 and RAID 1+0 on Macintosh systems.
- Familiarity with configuring ACLs on Macintosh via the GUI and command-line interface.
- Experience with escalating unresolvable issues to other teams within an enterprise environment using professional and effective communication.
- Hands-on experience using remote tools such as Bomgar, Remote AssistanceiChat(for video conferencing), Apple Remote Desktop/Screen Sharing.
- Currently support a building of around 150-200 users on a daily basis in a mixed Mac and PC enterprise scientific environment.
- Resolve issues ranging from hardware and operating system failure, COTS installations, Enterprise storage issues, property transfers, system backups, printer queue creation, LAN connectivity issues, security alert tickets, and operating system deployment.
- Also handle escalation of issues which cannot be resolved by one-on-one desktop support staff to other specialized teams within Confidential worksite.
- Also procure unusable computers to surplus within government security standards.
- Assisted bank staff with printer, computer, and bank hardware issues related to the conversion.
- Documented all outstanding issues and escalated the issues to the lead technician/interim bridge line.
- Also completed cable management of teller area and banker desks, and confirmed all PCs were up to date with the correct conversion software.
- I also assisted with the removal of the bank servers, printers, and other banking hardware per SOP.