- Extensive experience in computer operations, large scale data management while developing a working knowledge of information Systems.
- Possess considerable acumen in IBM Mainframe Systems, AS400 systems, various disaster and recovery systemsPC’s, Dell and IBM laptop hardware support and Honeywell Mainframes Excellent interpersonal, organization, analytical, written and verbal communications skills.
- Handle multiple tasks and new assignments as directed with limited supervision.
- Maintain productivity standards and thoroughness in work while meeting deadlines.
PC Technician/ Help Desk
- Provide PC support for various contract positions in the New York tri - state area, including Image building and decommissioning desk tops. IBM migration project updating help desk data from HP server to IBM impact.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Conducted the operations utilizing four IBM ZOS mainframes.
- Using CA7/CA11 schedules for GHI and Confidential (GHI and Confidential merger, systems were monitored simultaneously) we analyzed the job flow.
- When receiving bad conditions codes depending on the urgency and the code a online trouble ticket was used, if job is urgent then calls were made to programmers.
- The programmers frequently sent JCL corrections threw emails then jobs were rerun.
- I executed disaster recovery jobs on the weekends
Confidential, Carlstadt, NJ
Lead Tape Operator
- Managed and trained staff to properly load, unload, and pack tape cartridges for various international companies on IBM-Solaris Mainframes.
- Printed resource Utility and TSO SDSF to monitor output queues
- Acquired experience in a Data Center Multi-Platform hardware environment
- Secured a knowledge of facility equipment such as: air conditioning units, uninterrupted power supply, as well as MVS, JES2, CICS, CA1, CA7, TSO, Omegamon, JCL, Tandem TMF and Outside View products Spoolcom and Text Editor
- Collaborated with co-workers, building team morale to help promote a professional environment
Computer Operator/Help Desk
- Monitored and operated IBM AS400 and a variety of critical information systems, servers and computer peripheral equipment
- Handled server backups in a Novell & Windows/Unix environment and feedback to Shift Supervisor
- Interacted with clients to provide the output product and performed first line triage for any issues
- Ascertained initial problem determination and where applicable resolved issues
- Executed varied tasks to support the data center operation, including help desk functions, providing for a secure environment, monitoring vendor activity and receiving equipment or supply deliveries such as Distribution Units, computer supplies or hardware motor generators and fire suppression systems
- Trained junior staff, made recommendations to management regarding training and development