Research and resolve caller inquires by utilizing established procedures, user manuals, accessing on - line applications, or interacting with internal and external support groups. Tier 1 and Tier2 computer troubleshooting, installation and configuration skills. Unicenter Service desk and Remedy experience, ghosting, remote access, server maintenance team, and customer service skills.
Migration Tech / Desktop Suppt.
- Primary job function was migrating Confidential users from XP to Windows 7. PC imaging \ Ghosting, Active Directory, PC Application support and troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common technical problems.
- When migrations were not scheduled we assisted Desktop Support with resolving tickets, interface with customers, providing phone, remote, and desk side IT support. Replace, upgrade, and maintain inventory for deployment.
- Working directly with members of other teams to troubleshoot and resolve desktop incidents and update customer.
HELP DESK SUPPORT
- Providing timely and effective phone support/ desktop support to all locations in Confidential .
- Assisting users in identifying and resolving OS and various application related problems.
- Supporting client h/w, s/w upgrade and migrations as directed by Operations Mgr.
- Using Unicenter Service Desk and Cisco Desktop Agent ticketing system to track and resolve request.
- Remoting into home users and county computers with Remote Access to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection, also using Symantec to image pc, setting up new pc, working with Active Directory, performing other duties assigned by helpdesk Operations Mgmt. in support of users.
- Coordinating with IT Asset Mgmt. Specialist to ensure accurate shipping, tracking, and receiving of hardware and software. Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot pc hardware and level 1& 2 software. Also member of server maintenance team.
- Working on projects such as departmental moves, bldg. moves, pc replacement, 2007 migration, and preparing surplus to shipped out. Fluent in XP 2003, 2007, Outlook 2010, and Win 7.
XP Migration Tech
- Install, support, and troubleshoot windows 2000\ XP user accounts and profiles.
- Use Symantec Ghost software for cloning and installing for end user work stations.
- Diagnostic and repair of Dell\ HP desktops and laptops, and loading of corporate XP windows OS images.
- Provide phone an in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard windows desktop applications, Importing and moving .pst files and mail archives.
- Maintain IT hw\sw inventory including tracking new, disposed of and transferred devices.
- Setting up peripherals such as hubs, KVM switches, docking stations, external hdd, and cd rom drives, assisting with configuring work stations tailored to and individual computing needs.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Performs deployment, maintenance and repair on PC hardware and associated peripherals.
- Performs software installation, software removal, software configuration
- Performs pc installations, PC moves, PC re-images, and other duties as assigned
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Working at Confidential I was responsible for receiving and delivering computer equipment to customers and also packing and unpacking boxes containing system equipment.
- Install desktop h/w and s/w, load new s/w releases and maintenance updates.
- Maintain on-line records of all computer peripherals and assets that you are deploying or returning.
- Operating handheld scanner for inventory purposes
- Ability to setup new workstation with peripherals or upgrade existing workstation.
- Downloading drivers or upgrades via intranet, and Active Directory.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Install, troubleshoot, service and repair personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, and related pc software.
- Provide desktop application support, desktop installation, configuration and end user training.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions whether furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Networking small business offices with 10 - 25 computer systems.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Installed furniture for federal government agencies and other private industries.
- Reading floor plans and schematics to install modular and system furniture, communicating with customers to get the best results.
- Asset management, storage and delivery were daily tasks we performed.
Confidential, Hanover, MD
- Assembled and reassembled various types of modular and system furniture of high-end quality.
- Disconnected personal computers and peripherals and relocated and reconnected sensitive equipment with zero damage.
- Supervised total office knock down of floors and bldgs., extraction of products.
- Primary job was securing the FERC by ID checks, signing visitors in and out.
- Building searches interior and exterior, for any terrorist acts or irregular events.
- Assisting Fire Dept. with evacuations and locations of fire or incidents.
- Collaborating with FPS and MPD to ensure safety of employees and visitors.