IT professional with 10 years of experience in database design and maintenance, quality assurance, management reporting, and help desk support. Team player with solid analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
PROFICIENT WITH THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS:
- MS Office
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Remedy Action Request
- RoboHELP 2000
- User Manager
- Crystal Reports 6.0
- Server Manager
- MS Exchange
- MS Internet Explorer
Confidential, La Crosse, WI
Help Desk Analyst
- Provided first level help desk support to Confidential production employees and sales offices throughout North, Central and South Americas.
- Provided user assistance and problem resolution for enterprise e - mail, Internet access, Confidential intranet, MS Internet Explorer, MS Office, internally-developed software distribution procedure, PC’s, printers, LAN and WAN network availability to minimize downtime.
- Provided client/server user account administration support to allow for network connectivity.
- Monitored enterprise computing systems and applications to ensure system integrity.
- Escalated problems to appropriate second level support organizations as needed.
- Interacted with other Trane support organizations to resolve problems.
- Communicated with external network and computing outsource providers to prevent disruption in VPN connectivity.
- Responsible for completion of problem and infrastructure documentation to enhance troubleshooting procedures.
- Updated or created Crystal Reports for all products in Confidential .
- Also involved in software testing.
- Coordinated the efforts of 10 writers in six business units to produce text for each field in Confidential .
- Assembled the writer’s files into Help projects giving sales offices more detailed information.
- Updated or created and documented Crystal Reports for all products in Confidential to keep system current.
- Created a software bag tracking system, which is being used by three of Trane’s business units for products in Beta release.
Confidential, La Crosse, WI
- Consolidated and transferred information from paper files to computerized database, minimizing storage requirements while improving accessibility.
- Maintained accuracy and completeness of information.
- Assisted Confidential in filling out forms and all other matters pertaining to the Confidential Service Office, offering technical expertise to ensure accuracy and expediency.
- Redesigned the office’s web site main.html to reflect current standards in web design.
- Designed prototype relational database, which was used by the County IS department to transition from a flat-file database.
- Constructed modular housing units in a factory setting.
- Mentored new employees.
- Interrogated prisoners of war, wrote detailed intelligence reports from information gained, translated Russian documents to English.
- Served in additional capacities as Administrative Assistant to the Officer-in-Charge, and controlled the unit’s equipment inventory.
- Performed all administrative functions of the unit, to include database design and maintenance.
- Installed and maintained all computer hardware and software organic to the unit, and served informally as a Help Desk Analyst for unit personnel, resulting in higher productivity.
- Selected to serve as an interpreter for visits by Russian-speaking personnel.
- Acted as a conduit to pass information between unit personnel and higher headquarters.
- Trained flight crew personnel in the areas of weapons capabilities, order of battle formations, and information security.
- Prepared intelligence and security training courses as part of ongoing proficiency instruction.
- Prepared briefings for aircrews departing on missions.
- Debriefed returning aircrews, consolidated information into intelligence reports for submission to higher headquarters.