Professional with knowledge in new technologies and standards in order to integrate corporate systems in a better way with the other systems and the users, including administrators, help desk people and final users, so the cost/benefit relationship is improved.
Information Security Engineer
- Member of the Access Control team and the main task is administer Tivoli Identity Manager, so I have to deal with the requirements and incidents registered by the final users, in this process I have to:
- Talk to the users, and investigate how to solve the requirement/incident which involve working with Confidential (workflows, policies, rules, etc), TDI, LDAP, AS400, WebServices, HR System, and in - house applications.
- Teach the final users and the help desk team how to use the solution.
- Verify and approve the account role requested by users.
- Implement security controls so the users will only have the accounts and roles needed to do their jobs.
- To guarantee the account lifecycle: create, modify, suspend, restore and delete.
- I´m also in charge of the new Confidential -related projects, these projects includes the integration of new systems and changes to the existing ones:
- I have to make the technical requirement based on the business needs.
- Review the provider proposal.
- Review the project schedule and its correct execution.
- I also have to evaluate the actual use of Confidential against its potential so I have to propose improvements at operational, security, performance or business level.
- As a secondary function i have to administer some functions that are not managed by Confidential, so I have to use AS400, file transfer tool and in-house applications.
- Member of the team in charge of the some of the Enterprise systems including transactional services through the web such as web access for account owners, for companies, payments among different entities, transactions using mobile devices, etc.
- The administration of all the systems includes monitoring and support for any requirement, problem and questions about operating system (AIX, Linux), WebSphere Application Sever and Lotus.
- As part of the administration of the transactional portal there is its update to a high availability architecture of TAM-eb as a solution to secure the communications among the http systems.
- I receive vulnerability assessment and then I had to find and apply the best solutions for every vulnerability, whether it is to close, mitigate or assume the vulnerability.
- Replicated TAM-eb environment
- UNIX server admnistration.
- Vulnerability management
Arquitecht and Deployment Specialist
- In charge of deployment of integration and management solutions.
- Arquitecht of security management solutions
- IBM Tivoli Security Consultant
- Deployment Specialist
- In every Project the concepts are applied and the best practices gathered through time are put in place during installation, configuration and integration of internal and external components, so I have to integrate corporate systems to the implemented solution, process that requires changes at technical, organizational and cultural level.
- The deployments have stages including gathering information, design, actual deployment, documentation, and in some cases and support.
- Usually the tools are composed of a Database (usually DB2), LDAP Directory, application server and the actual components of the solution, so in every deployment I have to work with every component and integrate them in order to build the solution, and it has given me a basic level en Databases and application servers, an advance level in LDAP directories, systems integration, logical and physical design, troubleshooting problems and support of the deployed solutions, specially Tivoli Access Manager for e-business and Tivoli Identity Manager.
- I´ve played different roles depending on the project, so I can do the whole project, a team member or a team leader in which case I have to coordinate all the tasks above including the inside the team or with the client. install in single servers, over HACMP, replicated linux which included LDAP replication, statefull junctions, I have created scripts for massive LDAP and TAM operations, migrate an environment to the last version, SSO to Websphere Portal and in-house applications. install the solution, configure identity, password and provisioning policies, use TDI and ADT to build adapters in order to connect to web services, design and implement workflows, lifecycle rules, develop a java program that uses the API to load daily data into the solution. configure the online LDAP replication, use TDI to load big amounts of data, I did an assessment about the performance of various designs of the LDAP directory. build complex Confidential adapters that had to use many webservices to pull all the information needed.
- In charge of the developement of two modules of a web-based project management system using Confidential as architecture for the building of such modules, the developments were over Java, SGML and JSP using DB2 as a repository.