Seeking challenging opportunity to apply skills and experience in Technical Services: Technical Support/Helpdesk, Technical/Software Trainer, Jr. Network Engineer.
Solutions oriented IT professional with a B.A. in Business Management in Computer Networking with a verifiable record of outstanding performance. Established reputation for reliability, hard work, commitment, teamwork, user relations, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Ability to create training materials and have strong technology background
- Ability to work comfortably in classroom and one - to-one training environments
- Maintain good relationships with students
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to generate clear and precise comments on presentation, readability and reusability of code
- Possess positive attitude and ability to meet customer requirements
- Strong organizational and preparation skills
Desktop Software: MS Office Suite - Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Visio
Operating Systems: MS Server 2000/2003/2008 ; MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7; NT 4.0
Computer Manufacturers: Dell, HP
Bowling Center Enterprise Management Software: Boss, QUBICA (proprietary)
POS Software: Micro$ale, Air Force 1876, QuCad, QTouch
Networks: LAN/WAN, Wireless
Networking Software: Cisco, VPN, PC Anywhere, VNC, GoToMyPC, Team Viewer
Network Tools: Cisco Configurations, VoIP, Fluke 4000
Telecommunications Software: Cisco Hi-Path
Enterprise Security Software: Sonic, Pix, BlackIce, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton
Enterprise Security Hardware: Cisco, Firewall, Sonic Firewall
Network Administration Software: MS Active Directory Classroom training, MS Exchange Server -classroom training
Help Desk Ticketing Software: Applix, MS CRM
Customer Relationship Management Software: MS CRM
System Administration: POS Systems, Air Force 1876, QuCad, QTouch
Network Design and Installation: IEEE LAN/WAN WLAN Standards, Fiber Optics, CAT 5E
Confidential, Mechanicsville, VA
Technical Support Specialist
- Serve in a diverse role and provide a broad-range of technical services in support of software, hardware, network engineering, help desk, and systems administration configuration, optimization, troubleshooting, and user/customer training.
- Successfully support over 5,500 servers and external customers in a MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista, LAN, Micro$ale POS and Inventory Management, Boss and QUBICA Enterprise Management Software environment. Additionally, serve as the POS System Administrator and System Installer providing customers across the globe with Levels I, II, and III remote help desk support as well as one-on-one and classroom training.
- Offer step-by-step solutions to customers with hardware and software issues
- Handle customers with utmost respect while addressing their problems in their cubicles and personal offices.
- Maintain contact with the Client while the work is being handled, and conduct a ‘POST-Correction’ call to ensure that the client is pleased and satisfied.
- Maintain detailed records of issues - both when the problem is reported and after a resolution has been achieved
- Responsible for quick diagnostics and IT repair.
- Delegate incoming requests for service to various help desk and desktop support (Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III) personnel
- Handle all incoming calls from Customers with grace, Confidential ce and professionalism relating to desktops and laptops, printers and networking.
- Help incoming callers with problems relating to Microsoft word, EXCEL, PowerPoint,
- Work with customers to repair PC, laptop, and peripheral equipment by isolating faulty subassemblies and perform subassembly replacement.
- Worked extensively with Windows 7 computers and software
- Responsible for taking care of issue logs in the defect
- Compose pamphlets for end-users, detailing step-by-step troubleshooting instructions for common hardware and software problems
- Maintain software quality by conducting routing system inspections and performing patch management as necessary
- Worked on devices such as desktop, tablet, and other mobile devices
- Responsible for taking care of networking issues, privileges, passwords and access levels
- Resolve issues relating to password, and re-setting login IDs, etc.
- Helping clients with Network connectivity problems.
- Using a TICKET TRACKER system for ticket tracking
- Selected to manage numerous special projects (over more tenured and experienced peers) due to established record for exceeding expectations, technical knowledge, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Established reputation as a highly effective troubleshooter and team player.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Operated and maintained an Confidential 3890 check sorter with an AS/400 operating system processing up to 500K items daily.
- Closely monitored automated processes and corrected exceptions.
- Administered check balances for accuracy on all processed jobs.
- Coached and trained new hires on operating practices and procedures.
- Recognized for flexibility and eagerness in taking on additional responsibilities and shifts.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
- Designed, installed, and provided on-call support for a large volume of backbone d Confidential infrastructures, i.e., CAT 5/5E/Fiber Optic cabling and computer closets (switches & routers) for 2 major clients.
- Troubleshot and repaired network connection issues, i.e., broken jacks, break tracing, etc. using Fluke 4000 diagnostic equipment.
- Consistently earned performance bonuses for both quality and quantity of work completed.
- Successfully completed all assigned projects by established deadlines.