Obtain an entry level position in the Information Technology field where additional training is valued. My ultimate goal is to become a Field Service Technician or Systems or Network Administrator.
- Windows 95/98/XP/7, some Linux
- IBM PCs
- Build, install, configure and troubleshoot PCs
- DSL modems, routers and gateways
- USB adapters
- Video cards
- Sound cards
- Norton Anti - Virus
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- LAN/Wan technology
- TCP/IP Protocols
- GUI applications
- Cisco router configuration
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Over 12 year call center experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Repaired laptop PCs for temporary assignment at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
- Assigned appointments to APG employees for laptop repair.
- Was given security clearance, required for travelling throughout the offices of the complex.
Confidential, Towson, MD
Retail Sales Associate and Customer Service
- Sold and demonstrated various Confidential computer systems and products to customers
- Was required to have extensive knowledge of all Confidential products
- Was also required to have good communications skills in order to assess customers’ needs
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Customer Service Tech Support Specialist
- Tier one customer service troubleshooting including cable, phone and internet
- Communicated with help desk regularly on more technically intensive solutions
- Knowledge of operating systems Windows XP and Windows 7, as well as browser programs like Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari were necessary to solve internet-related problems, as well as being able to remotely access routers and gateways.
- Maintained email accounts and changed passwords on customer request.
- Scheduled technician appointments if unable to resolve problems from the office.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Customer Service Representative
- Assisted customer with questions and inquiries on their Confidential Extras points program.
- Documented customer issues, solving them and following up where possible.
- Acting as liaison to item redemption offices.
- And referring problems I could not handle myself to escalations.
- Responsible for activating new cards and cancelling lost or stolen ones