- A systems engineer with twenty - five years of proven technical and account management expertise in the computer industry working with system administrators, management, developers, and end-users.
- A team player who derives great pleasure from the solving of complex problems.
- Eager to contribute the maximum as a progressive member of the organization to which I belong.
- Believe that a sense of humor in pressured situations is a key to continued productivity.
NT 4.0 Core Technologies, Network Node Manager, Advanced NNM, IT/Operations, Openview ServiceDesk, Fundamentals of Java Programming, HPUX Network Administration, POSIX Shell Programming, BroadVision E-Commerce, ITIL Masters
Technical Support, Pre-sale, and System Management
- Responsible for technical delivery to Unix/Linux environments based on ITIL standards. Duties include monitoring Change Management procedures, auditing Disaster Recovery Plans, and tracking and reporting to management metrics related to system uptime and SLA’s. Strong understanding of business drivers and ROI decision making.
- Manage team of five hardware and software specialists in support of Fortune 500 telecom account.
- Ensure minimum downtime of 600 system d Confidential center. Confirm all change management procedures are followed and act as laison between support team and customer management. Responsible for the on-time and according-to-spec delivery of contracted support solution.
- Charged with the management (MS Project) of customer support agreements and their associated deliverables.
- These include Operational Review Seminars, operating system installation and upgrades, Unix and Network administration tasks, and creating and conducting technical sessions.
- Principle account support laison between Confidential and all levels of customer IT management and staff.
- Technical sales consultant working in the marketing, support,, and deployment of web based support products, 4GL/SQL based development systems, HP Openview Network Node Manager and IT/O. Great interest in the evolution of such system management tools using web technology. Very familiar with channel partner relationships.
- Product specialist for vertical market applications with expertise covering full spectrum of accounting, wholesale, and manufacturing operations.
- Provide technical and pre-sales support for sales force including product demonstrations, site surveys, proposal preparation, and post-sales implementation of System Management and other software applications such as HP Network Node Manager and OVO.
- Senior Analyst and owner of consulting practice focusing on manufacturing, accounting, and HR systems.
- Responsible for ongoing revenue and customer base growth.
- Responsible for the MIS management tasks of an established customer base within manufacturing, wholesale, accounting, and healthcare environments. Principal liaison between users, management, and vendors.
- Managed many downsizing and conversion projects from proprietary O/S to UNIX/MS-Windows. This included hardware and software selection as well as identifying to senior management appropriate staff members to assume specific roles needed for system operations.
Programming and System Designer
- Designed, programmed, and received for HTML/CGI/Perl based web site for management of large enterprise system environments. Maintain site through Netscape Enterprise Server or Apache.
- Openview ITO and Node Manager installation and customization. Key customers s included Jet Propulsion Labaratory (Cassini project), Marconi Electronics, Electric Light Wave.
- Extensive programming experience in areas of inventory control, job and shop scheduling, sales management and forecasting, MRP, and cost analysis.
- Wrote all routines necessary to port programs and d Confidential files to new hardware platforms running UNIX during a multitude of conversion projects.