- Over 20 years professional experience in hardware and software support on both the server and client - side.
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.
- Windows NT Server and Workstation.
- IBM OS/2 LAN Server, Microsoft LAN Manager.
- Novell Netware LAN Administration and support.
- Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/98SE/98/95 Client-side support.
- Novell Netware and Microsoft Windows NT Client-side support.
- Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes Server and client-side support.
- X.500 and X.400 military messaging.
Confidential, Richmond, VAChief Technical Officer
- Travel to Confidential client sites to repair PC’s in home.
- Document visits in timely manner.
- Communicate with Richmond office in a timely manner.
- Exceed client expectations.
- Maintain Client schedule with minimal supervision.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
Chief Technical Officer
- In-house “One-man Show” support of all computer and technical issues, including Client-side support of standard Windows XP/Vista desktops and laptops, and telephone support of laptops in the field
- Developed and implemented backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Document all IT processes and procedures
- Specification, procurement, installation, and support of client and server hardware and software, infrastructure cabling and equipment, and video and photography equipment.
- Managed staff schedules and priorities.
- Co-created and designed company’s database-backed websites from scratch with our web developer.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- LAN installations for their clients and for various Princeton moves.
- In-house “One-man Show” support of all computer-related issues, including Client-side support of standard Windows 95/98 desktops and laptops
- Supported move planning and Network design of the new location
- Moved servers and stabilized the NT Network in the new office location
- Developed and implemented backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Support special projects for the Management Division, including building Windows NT servers as needed; New hardware installs and client-side support of standard desktop and laptop PC’s; Support software roll out of Board and Management Division-standard software as new versions become available
- Ongoing support of trouble calls.
- Documented several Management Division processes and modified others to be used in the “Procedures Manual”.
- Designed and developed “Management Division Network Administrator’s Procedures Manual”, including utilization of Graphics and Print Shop facilities to produce the finished product, which will be used throughout the Management Division Support Team. Improved logon script functionality.
- Developed DOS-client boot disk for network connectivity. Improved the Hardware rollout processes.
- Implemented the image-check function as a part of the GHOST process.
- Software integration and production of new “image” files, using Norton GHOST, as new hardware and software become available.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Windows NT and HP-UX OS installation, Microsoft Exchange server installation, Lotus Notes Domino server installation, and messaging component products installations, including DCL DSA (an X.500 directory), DCL ADUA (the interface to the DSA), MLA (mail list processing), and Confidential MWS (network manager) for the Defense Messaging System (DMS) contract.
- Install the DMS components at DOD sites as assigned, including Microsoft Outlook client installation, user training, operational testing, and site turnover.
- Produce site-specific detailed information that is used by the Staging team to build the DMS component products.
Senior Network Administrator/Help Desk Specialist
- Second level installation of DMS MS Exchange and Lotus Notes clients. Server configuration, management, and backups.
- Un-box, assemble, load DISA-standard software (Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with COTS software), and install PC’s in support of hardware/software upgrade effort at six DISANet Sites.
- First, and second level trouble ticket support of DISANet users at three DISANet sites.
- Second level trouble ticket support of two DISANet sites.
- Hardware and Software telephone support of MCI Retail kiosks.
Confidential, Vienna, Virginia
Campus Network Engineer
- LAN Administration Activities: Set up LAN, User ID and password management, Resource Management.
- Developed several REXX utilities and batch files to assist in the LAN Administration activities.
- Wrote “Desk Procedures” for LAN Administration activities expected of the Administrator.
- Developed prototype training regimen for novice LAN Administrators.
- Trained 3 people on LAN Administration.
- Backup management on Windows NT and OS/2 LAN Server. Restore user files on request.
- Prototype Windows NT 3.51, NT 3.50, and DOS/Win 3.1 platforms.
- Developed Symantic BASIC utilities, build checklists, and scripts to make the build reproducible.
- Server Maintenance activities: Install Service Pack and CSD products on the Windows NT and OS/2 servers.
- Confer with IBM and Microsoft support for problem resolution, if needed.
- Security: Insure that user IDs are removed when no longer needed.
- Insure that all user IDs with Administrator authority are authorized.
- Second line customer support: Assist customers with LAN problems not resolved by first line support.
- Projects: License metrics, PC Anywhere Integration, Grenada integration, Plotter, Performance metrics.
LAN/WAN Analyst/ System Administrator/ PC Specialist
- Un-box and configure over 20 Compaq ProSignia servers, Load DOS, Novell Netware 3.12, standard software, users, groups, and permissions on servers.
- Deliver and install servers on sites throughout the Baltimore / DC area and assist with workstation installations.
- LAN/WAN administration of Novell Netware 3.11 servers, workstation and server hardware installation and support.
- Workstation and server software installation and support.
- Install Novell Netware 3.11 clients.
- De-install and re-install PC systems in support of office move at Freddie Mac.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
LAN Security Administrator
- User Id and password management (Both Secure and Unsecure), user privileges management, auditing, and security violations reporting. Install and monitor Confidential Encryption Units.
- LAN administration - hardware support, software loading & configuration of workstations and OS/2 servers. Implement LANMAN 2.0 in the ODCSOPS secure environment. On-call diagnoses and repair of broadband communications equipment, and cable problems.