Seeking a desktop support position in the IT field where I can utilize my knowledge and skills to resolve technical support related matters and contribute to the success of the IT department and the company.
- Windows XP/ Vista/ 7
- Server 2003 & 2008
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
- Microsoft Outlook
- Imaging Software
- MS Office Suite
- Network Monitoring Tools
- Network Printers
- Dell Laptops & Desktops
- HP Laptops & Desktops
- TCP/ IP, DNS, DHCP
- Network Drives
- Routers & Switches
Confidential, Canton, MA
Computer and Network Technician
- Installed, upgraded, and ran diagnostics on operating systems. Troubleshot and repaired desktop and laptop hardware, including RAM, hard drives, power supplies, motherboard and peripheral devices.
- Worked with business software, MS Office, Help Desk applications, and report generation.
- Network infrastructure including the TCP/IP protocol suite, the OSI model, topologies, and network hardware.
- Used and configured network monitoring tools and cabling.
- Application of network security concepts including firewalls, DMZ, security policies, VPN concepts, encryption methods, internal and external threats, malware, spyware, and viruses.
- Installed and configured MS Office Suites (Office 2003, 2007, 2010), Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and 2003/2008 Server.
- Managed user and group accounts. Worked with group policies, file shares, and shadow copies.
- Involved in ongoing system and network maintenance for Confidential and Confidential .
- Built and supported customized desktops for the campus. Resolved email issues in Outlook, file share, network printer, and network connectivity issues.
- Always maintained a professional demeanor and provided outstanding customer support while performing problem diagnosis and resolution on applications and hardware.
IT TECHNICIAN INTERN
- Installed, configured, maintained, and problem solved Windows XP/Windows 7 PC systems and Network \components within the campus network.
- Assisted in the installation and implementation of network elements on a campus level.
- Involved in ongoing system and network maintenance for Confidential and Chester’s Canton Campus.
- Consistently provided superior, high quality results which led to increased responsibilities within my roles.
Confidential, Southeastern, MA
- Worked in a fast paced service environment, overseeing all aspects of the business.
- Supervised and trained new staff on food safety, sanitation, and customer service.
- Managed food costs, labor costs, inventory and ordering. Utilized Excel spreadsheets to document and track inventory, figure costs, expenses and profits.