Computer Support Specialist
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Handle special requests for customers as appropriate and note handling on the customer checklist and company paperwork.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Developed and carried out case management practices
- Implemented and evaluated offender’s goals and supervision progress
- Carried out court - ordered disciplinary actions in accordance with Department of Criminal Justice Services’ policies and procedures
Program Support Technician Sr. (Surveillance Officer Sr.)
- Assisted Probation Officers in the performance of their duties by providing field support through investigations
- Performed crisis intervention as part of surveillance activities
- Made recommendations to supervisors for treatment and or referral to services for offenders
Administration & Office Specialist
- Examined, managed, and accurately updated adult offenders casework records
- Assisted law enforcement agencies, institutions, probation, parole, and interstate compact officials by researching, verifying, processing and presenting pertinent reports
- Accurately interpreted and processed the distribution of time sensitive documents
Administrative Support Technician
- Coordinated and provided operational support to the Court and Legal Unit by performing data entry operations relating to time computation and performance evaluation