- Over 20 years of extensive experience in Software Development in the areas of Mainframe and Client Server
- Systems. Analyzed and Designed extensive business applications.
- Business systems experience includes Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution, Brokerage Customer Service, Accounting, Human Resources, Payroll, Financial (AR, AP, GL, Billing), Sales, Invoicing Allocation, Marketing, and Inventory among others.
- Excellent exposures to Data Warehousing techniques like
- Data Modeling, Mapping, Warehousing, Data Extraction, and Transformation & Loading.
- I have used the system development life cycle to develop applications.
- I have good communication and interpersonal skills.
LANGUAGES: COBOL II, OS/JCL, CICS/GTB/SDF II, EASYTRIEVE, IMS, IDMS, DB2/SQL/STORED PROCEDURES, MQ Series and FTP for porting Information to servers, Knowledge of C and JAVA, extensive use of ACCESS, EXCEL and WORD for analysis.
DATABASES: DB2, IMS, IDMS, ORACLE (People Soft), ACCESS, and VSAM.
ENVIRONMENT: OS/390/MVS, TSO/ISPF, CICS/ESA, CMS, VSAM, QMF/DB2I, OLQ/DMLO, MICROFOCUS COBOL WB File Aid for DB2/IMS/VSAM, Windows (95 2000, NT, XP), MS DOS.
APPLICATIONS: File Management IBM UTILITIES, FILE - AID (DB2/IMS/VSAM), SYNCSORT, IDCAMS, SDSF, RMDS.
Data Transfer: IBM MQ SERIES, FTP
Library Management: SCLM, LIBRARIAN, PC ENDEVOR, CA-11, CHANGEMAN, PANVALET.
Database Development: DB2 - (SPUFI, DECLGEN, MERGECOPY, RECOVER, LOAD, REORG, and RUNSTATS).
Data Modeling: People Soft Oracle and IEF.
Development Tools: XPEDITER, VIASOFT/SMART TEST, CICS INTERTEST, EXTRA FOR WINDOWS
Documentation: MS OFFICE Applications (WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS, PROJECT, and POWER POINT), VISIO.
HARDWARE: IBM SYSTEM 30XX, IBM PC, DELL and GATEWAY PC’s.
Confidential, Bristol, PA
- Developed and implemented a Microsoft Access database for Accounts Receivable.
- This system was developed from Source Documents (Billing Sheets) and check details from the Insurance Provider.
- The database was fully normalized and included such information as date of service, amount due, paid, service type, therapist, check number, client, and invoice. System was upgraded to add a client demographic capability and a system for accounting for Medical Records Revenue.
- This system was developed out of the accounting matching process of source documents against checks to reconcile that all that was billed was paid.
- A JAVA application was written to maintain an Address Book containing demographics information.
- Numerous reporting functions were developed to list therapist clients, list services provided, and other various audit functions.
- I managed Accounts Payable and General Ledger by loading bank information into Quickbooks. I produced Profit and Loss Statements and Balance Sheets for tax preparation and expense tracking.
- I prepared Corporate Tax Returns for Confidential from 2011 forward.
- Electronically collected all manual forms into Microsoft Word and used macros to produce client charts.
- Terminated lease for Canon printer, replacing it with a purchased printer to eliminate monthly payments.
- Removed old printer and installed new printer into Confidential Network.
- Maintained and upgraded Confidential Network for all PC’s.
- Upgraded phone system/internet from Verizon to Comcast, this provided voice mail capability which was non-functional on our old leased system.
- This also reduced our monthly cost by $130 per month. We then replaced our leased phone system with a purchased phone system which eliminated quarterly lease payments and provided a yearly savings of over $2400.
- I was solely responsible for the oversight of the technical installation of the new phone/internet system and the installation of the new phones.
- We eliminated redundant functions such as Confidential Transportation when Bucks County Transport provided transportation at no cost.
- We decided to upgrade the call screening process to the clinical director, since a clinically qualified person was required to manage new client screening and process current client needs.
- This allowed us to eliminate the previous person performing this function providing a much smoother assimilation of new clients and more qualified handling of current clients needs.
Used: MICROSOFT ACCESS, EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, QUICKBOOKS, JAVA, FORTE, NETBEANS, and SQL to deliver various clinical initiatives.
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
- Was responsible for developing and implementing upgrades to Documents on the DCS system.
- Developed and implemented a CICS upgrade to allow multiple documents to be processed for options.
- Developed and implemented templates to formulate International and Domestic Documents separately as well as maintain the master template of all documents available for each office.
- Developed and implemented a Commission System upgrade for COBI which identified brokers with outstanding documents so they could be charged fees for missing documentation to enable greater SEC Compliance.
- Downloaded various client based Reports from Brokerage Systems to Microsoft EXCEL reporting formats.
Used: CHANGEMAN, DB2, VSAM, CICS, IBM DEBUG Batch and Online to deliver various brokerage initiatives.
Confidential, Paramus, NJ
- Was responsible for developing and implementing a CICS System to retrieve information from 7 different DB2 tables across regions for COW System.
- Developed and implemented a CICS System to Update VSAM Control Table to control 7 different CICS Backend Applications for COW System.
- Developed and implemented a CICS Utility to update two DB2 Control Tables across regions for the Claims on the Web System.
- Responsible for modifications, enhancements, and production support of the Claims on the Web System.
- Project included processing upgrades and cloning the Error Log Control Module within CICS for the Claims on the Web Phase Two Project.
- Project included developing a new Input Output Module to work with the VSAM Control Table developed above to control the processing of the backend functions throughout the Claims on the Web System. This would enable management to turn on and off specific systems and control commit thresholds and timing functions.
- Developed and Implemented a Claims History Download Function which operated as a started batch task, this avoided allocating an initiator and was recycled each morning at 6 AM.
- It would interrogate whether any downloads were available and process them, modular in nature, it retrieved information from DB2 Claims Request Tables using a three table join and call a DB2 module and stored procedure to update the Request Table recognizing requests had been processed and another module using MQ Series to format Emails and send them to the perspective client. The process would then call an assembler timer module which was cloned from another system to put itself to sleep when there was no more work to be processed.
- Used a web page front-end to enter claims to test this process.
Used: CHANGEMAN, DB2, VSAM, CICS, FILEAID, XPEDITER, INTERTEST, MQ Series and Batch facilities to deliver the Claims on the Web Phase Two Product.
Confidential, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Was responsible for maintaining and upgrading code to Capture Cars which have been activated for Telematics Service.
- Project grew from 400 cars a week to a full fledged 6000 per week being activated for the service.
- Responsible for modifications, enhancements, and production support of Telematics.
- Project included processing Rolls Royce, Domestic Production Feeds, and Canadian Vehicles weekly.
- The Canadian Feeds have currently been consolidated into the domestic feeds to eliminate one process
- Canadian Geo Coding was in effect until consolidation which involved Deactivating generic units and Activating Geo Coded Units.
- Was responsible for the development of a consolidation of external Deactivation Feeds into one central deactivation conduit called The Sweep.
- Developed an extract to ATX a vendor which supports On Star and Telematics to communicate and identify new activations
- Implemented the Everest Extract Process which feeds the universe of Telematics enabled cars to an Oracle Server for Business Unit Queries.
- Implemented the Postcard Process which delivers cards thanking customers for taking the Telematics Service, encouraging those who waived it to come back and sign up, and to inform those who didn t waive or sign agreements to sign Telematics Service Agreements.
- Developed an upgrade to include a new archive or History Table to maintain an audit of all relationships between Cars and their Units over time, since it was often possible for refurbished units to be moved from car to car.
- Developed two CICS transaction which gave the Business Unit an online introduction to the Telematics World which has now grown into a process that not only provides inquiry to the Activations Tables but Deactivates Units Online Real Time.
- Before this we had to run spufis and extract the information for the business unit in spreadsheet format.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Information Systems Consultant
- Moved to Production all jobs running out of TSO IDs in preparation for People Soft Conversion and Analysis so all processes were cataloged with balancing procedures for upcoming conversion activities.
- Cleansed METFACS data in preparation for conversion from IDMS and DB2 sources into People Soft Processes.
- Upgraded to most current release of IDMS so legacy support would not lapse during cutover to People Soft. This included Upgrading IDMS to Release 14 and DB2 to Release Version 7.
- Migrated PANVALET/VM resources over to CHANGEMAN and TSO to eliminate VM to ease the conversion effort with source being centralized under one TP environment and to provide a way to search source more readily for elements to enable easier analysis.
- Was the first to complete entire People Soft curriculum in my group; People Tools I, SQR, People Tools II, People Tools Delta Release 7 to 8.0, People Code, and A/R and Billing. This was later used when demonstrating loaded prototypes for finance and developing proposed enhancements.
- Loaded DB2 Systems to provide for data cleansing and generate adjustments from these models to enable cleansing process and provide balanced procedures before loading converted data.
- Developed a conversion alternative that used existing interface structures to feed conversion data through in order to load People Soft data from legacy systems.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Implemented EDI Order Shipping and Confirmation Tracking systems using FTP to ship orders down to IP Addresses of UNIX Machines in Factories in Mexico and Puerto Rico.
- Changed various Factory Service and Parts Systems used at distribution centers throughout the world to be Year 2000 Compliant. I was contacted by Confidential and asked if I could leave my current contract to help them out, since they knew my reputation.
- Controlled MQ Communications between Kent Manufacturing Facilities UNIX Machines and Mainframe during Y2K System Testing.
- Developed MQ Interfaces between Factory Service Center Oracle Client Server application and the mainframe Parts Systems. This involved defining inbound and outbound queues needed for interfaces and coding applications using MQ to PUT information out to queues to be processed by client server application. Then processed MQGETs to receive responses and process the information on the mainframe.
- The EDI Advance Shipping Application was designed to MQPUT Receiving information to Unix Machines at the Kent Manufacturing Facility while performing shipping operations on the host.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
- Developed a system to track Due and Unpaid Premiums for online Receivables Listings.
- Established the operational environment working with DBAs and Applications Personnel to define tables and batch feeds to load these tables using DB2 Load Utilities.
- Set up PPTs/PCTs/RCTs for programs, transactions, and plans for online functionality. Acted as a technical support liaison for the applications group while doing this.
- Developed migration procedures and coded programs for retrieval of Premium Accounting Information.
- Enhanced Online Reporting Menus with the Manual Estimates Online Reporting Feature.
- Created Batch Reporting for Receivables coding programs to access tables, setting up Batch Plans and Packages and migrating JCL, procedures, and programs to Production.
- Revised an existing IDMS Batch Dunning Letter Process called Lapse Letters.
- This involved providing detailed audit trail like reporting on the Reminder, Warning, and Cancellation Letter Processes.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Was responsible for developing a Customer Comments section in the Factory Service System.
- Compressed information in Order Header on Factory Service System to provide room in the header to avoid future conversions.
- Enabled communication between the Call Center and the Factory Service Centers through Call Center Project that had its own level of internal security.
- Completed a number of various maintenance initiatives enhancing functionality of the Factory Service System.
- Created a Technician Time Tracking System that had new transactions and repositories to collect available Technician Processing Codes to Account for their time.
Confidential. Bridgewater, NJ
- Was a consultant responsible for enhancing a number of Message Processing CICS/OS2, Batch Applications, and providing production support.
- Maintained a Client Server based Microfocus Cobol Front - end used SP2 Panels and Microfocus Cobol to present Tariff Screens, Terminal Point Processing Maintenance, and SBID/Mobile Telephone Regional Assignment Maintenance.
- Supported Backend programs which communicated using templates, which are macro level mappings of communication areas for the purpose of converting COMMAREA data from ASCII format to EBCDIC for mainframe processing.
- The Backend programs were CICS/Modules which applied all updates to DB2 tables within the Message Processing System in a structured one-pass format.
- Performance tuned a number of OS/MVS/DB2 Jobs for Space and Efficiency considerations.
Confidential, Madison, NJ
Applications Development Support Analyst
- Performed as an applications support analyst assisting the applications development area with technical support issues.
- Developed a number of CICS/MVS/COBOL II/DB2 applications as assigned
- Responsibilities ranged from coding development enhancements under COBOL with DB2 to assisting in the implementation of Release 3.0 of DB2 and Release 5.0 of IMS.
- Was responsible for support of INTERTES and rebuilding PROTSYM files for the development areas.
- This position involved Travel, IEF Support, and sponsoring internal initiatives for the applications area.
- The assignments shifted from department to department and were thus a support/internal consulting initiative.
- Used Microsoft Project and was responsible for managing an employee within the ADS Department and communicating between ADS Asia and ADS Europe relating information on new releases of software internally and externally.
- Formulated Internal Design Specifications for a Budget Variance Cost Accounting Reporting System.
- When Design Specifications were approved coded the JCL and Reports under COBOL II.
- TSO was used with PANVALET to develop programs and JCL.
- WINDOWS and WORD PERFECT were used to formulate the Design Specifications.
- Participated in weekly design and code walkthroughs, turned over code at the close of business Friday of each week.
- Performed unit testing and parallel testing for reports before turnover.
Confidential, Phillipsburg, NJ
- Was part of a development team which produced a CICS Tariff Rating System called TRADERATE.
- This product built government tariff information to be packaged and provided to Maritime Shippers and filed with the government according to ATFI standards.
- Developed logistical tracking function which built a repository for locations from ATFI tape listing all locations and zip codes.
- Supported SEARCH function for point to point rating by zip code or location through CICS pop - up screens.
- Product delivery was achieved through online pop-up screens through CICS and VSAM.
- Product development and documentation was facilitated through ETHERNET LAN network and WINDOWS.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Maintained and developed a variety of Receivables, Legal, Financial, and Marketing Applications.
- These assignments were primarily CICS development initiatives.
- The assignments involved heavy data mapping from VSAM/IDMS to DB2 and Normalization Analysis.
- System Design Methodology was strictly enforced including requirements, internal design, unit testing, integrated system testing, implementation plans, and recovery and fallback procedures.
- Product development and documentation was facilitated through an IS2/LAN MANAGER on a token ring network.
Confidential, Denville, NJ
- Maintained and developed MRP Inventory Applications for the White Paper and Containerboard Divisions.
- These were CICS Shipping and Inventory Tracking Systems developed to aid MRP Scheduling.
- The database management systems used to deliver products under OS/MVS/XA were IDMS and VSAM.