To acquire a position as a Systems Technician\Network Administrator using proven technical skills with also an opportunity to expand in Network Administration.
- Familiar with MS - DOS, Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite 2003, 2007 and 2010, Network Backups, Active Directory and VOIP(Shoretel Systems).
- Knowledge of PC setup, deployments, Operating System installation (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Mac(Leopard) as well as various peripherals (scanners, printers, wireless devices, blackberries, etc.) data entry, and file updating. Installation of Symantec antivirus Software.
- Experienced in system-operations, customer service and adding new staff to the Active Directory network.
Confidential, Washington, DC
PC Deployment/Blackberry Deployment Upgrade Technician
- Deployed and unassembled pc’s and peripheral devices.
- Upgraded IMF staff members from a Blackberry 8900, 9700, 9780 to a dated hardware Blackberry 9810 and 9900 using Blackberry Desktop Manager and installing RSA software to install RSA tokens on the blackberry.
- I was the main point of contact in assisting the VIP’s of the firm with any responsible for special assistance with the upgrade process.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Field Service Engineer
- Perform installation of Confidential IT Solutions’ and their partners’ applications/systems in contractual hospital locations around the country.
- This primarily entails installing and configuring applications on servers and proprietary devices/hardware, configuring system networks and working with the customer’s wired and wireless infrastructure to complete implementations.
- Perform system preventive maintenance services as required by contract
- Worked alongside building contractors installing Confidential equipment using building plans
- Resolve operational issues in a variety of hardware/software solutions at client sites using logical troubleshooting techniques
- Off-hours coverage and emergency support as needed. Perform on call responsibilities per specified schedule or as otherwise prescribed by the supervisor
Confidential, Washington, DC
Desktop Support Technician
- The lone Support Technician to assist staff of 100+ employees in resolving computer related problems.
- 100% Desk side support for the entire staff.
- Tasks involve knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 Microsoft Office Suite 2007 and 2010, BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), Blackberry support, Dell laptops, creating Cat 5 cables, wireless access point connection, VOIP, Network tape backups, portable projector and laptop setup, created accounts for new employees and was main contact for 24/7 after hours pager support.
- Assisted Network Administrator and Director in resolving server related issues.
- Gained knowledge of Active Directory, FTP site creation, VOIP setup and administration, Mimosa, VMware, View desktop Support and Citrix administration.
- Received incoming calls from DOD employees on multiple computer issues ranging from printers, network lockouts, Microsoft Office Suite issues, and hardware/software installation.
- Used the Heat tracking system to import and update problem details.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Part of a team of Helpdesk Analysts that took incoming calls and walk-ins from Confidential employees to resolve all system and hardware issues
- Updated hardware inventory, used Ghost software to format laptops to company standards.
- Was responsible for computer, laptop and camera hardware that was given to Auto Adjusters and other staff.