Well over twenty - five years’ experience designing and developing Confidential solutions in a mainframe operating system environment for the purpose of supporting the development of corporate products and the automation of processes to improve efficiency and reduce process execution time Experience with Cobol, PL1, PLS3, Assembler, DB2, SQL/DS, CMS Pipelines, ISPF Dialog Manager and Table Services, IOS3270, and DMS. Experience in many administrative capacities such as software installation, RACF administrator, tester, review moderator, quality assurance, requirements gathering, and end-user advocate.
- Developed Confidential code as defined in specification document.
- Analyzed reports written in Confidential with imbedded SQL and modified code to improve performance by reducing the number of table queries by reading the table data into storage and/or joining tables.
Confidential, East Fishkill, NY
- Maintained and supported the mainframe data collection process for Confidential leased by Confidential clients.
- Modified Confidential code to make hard-coded input file definition dynamic.
- Created a dialog and Confidential program to trap the output of the LISTALC command for easy scrolling.
Confidential, Fishkill, NY
Inventory Control Specialist
- Provided support for store inventory and presentation.
- Demonstrated my programming ability to IT personnel by creating a Confidential program to extract an employee’s weekly schedule and place it in an ISPF dialog.
Confidential, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Assisted in scanning hardcopy insurance documents onto a server for transfer to the mainframe for storage.
- Designed and implemented a Confidential function to automate file transfers and create a cross-reference file with the mainframe dataset name.
Confidential, Southbury, CT
- Monitored systems in assigned cluster and documented scheduled batch job results as well as activity as it pertained to the upcoming shift.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Designed, developed, and maintained company-developed software. Installed and supported system software.
- Designed and led a 4-person development team in the creation of a request system to automate the processing of batch job scheduler requests. Email was created using SMTP and the database update program was written in COBOL.
- Designed and led a 3-person development team in the creation of a request system to automate the process of creating and maintaining system logon ids. The environment consisted of eighty-four logical partitions, each defined with a unique RACF database.
- The application gathered the data from the various resources (DB2, RACF queries, etc.) and generated the RACF permit commands needed to complete the request.
- The application assisted the security administrator in completing in hours what used to take well over a business week (5 days).
- All applications were written in Confidential with embedded SQL to access DB2 data and ISPF Dialog Manager.
- The systems were implemented in OS/390 MVS system environment following Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) protocol.
Confidential, Portland, ME
- Supported Confidential code and DMS dialogs that comprised company-developed database used for tracking problems and new requirements.
- Data was stored in CMS files in column-delimited fields. Introduced CMS Pipelines to strengthen efforts of the development team.