I.T. veteran with an emphasis in business and requirements analysis Excellent verbal and written skills; extensive experience as a technical writer, speaker, and facilitator Well - versed in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Outstanding interpersonal skills; excel at consensus building and negotiation Adept as liaison between disparate stakeholders
MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio; Oracle Open Office; Clarity, KnowledgeLink, ClearQuest, HP Service Desk, UNIX, SQL, HTML, BPWin, ERWin; Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, and UML methodologies. Active TOP SECRET security clearance. Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Information Systems Manager
- Assess and resolve organizational and user needs; document findings in requirements specifications.
- Perform process and gap analysis to identify process improvement opportunities and implement as needed.
- Establish and implement goals, metrics, and operational plans.
- Elicit data and feedback from stakeholders; make recommendations and decisions to implement processes and systems in accordance with requirements, policies, and directives.
- Direct and assist in resolving a wide range of technical and operational issues, from desktop support to information system designs and strategies.
- Implemented a major process improvement that mitigated 11th hour changes by approximately 60% in its first year and 90% thereafter, greatly reducing project risks and improving efficiency.
- Planned deliverables simultaneously between 15 development and test teams, as well as various other stakeholders, on epics, stories, and backlog grooming.
- Oversaw a minimum of 4 builds, 4 system tests and 6 work orders per week. Worked with senior management on escalation issues; obtained release approvals up to the V - P level.
- Wrote and implemented release plans, Software Requirement Strategy documents, as well as various project tracking an d oversight methods.
- Performed extensive risk management and gap analysis.
- Kept stakeholders abreast of ongoing changes with formal and informal status updates.
- Assisted in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audits; provided required documentation and demonstrated compliance.
- Assessed and documented processes for web - based systems used by over 400,000 USAF personnel via UML methodologies (use cases, state diagrams), Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), and Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs).
- Created process flows and other diagrams detailing as is and to be processes.
- Guided Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to detail functional and technical requirements. Identified and documented process improvement opportunities.
- Interviewed clients and users to obtain process information and associated data elements; detailed processes and data flows to identify existing functionality as well as potential process improvement opportunities.
- Translated business requirements into test scripts and plans; performed integration, regression and user acceptance tests. Wrote additional requirements documentation such as project plans and user manuals.
Business / Process Architect
- Designed and built process, systems and data architectures. Performed Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) methodologies to identify "as is" and "to be" requirements by interviewing users and clients for over 100 operational centers and systems; maintained data in a comprehensive data warehouse.
- Built process, systems and data models and diagrams; extracted data to create numerous metrics and reports.
- As Project Lead for systems models, assessed and resolved numerous project issues with modeling teams worldwide, including architecture tools and modeling methodologies.
- Facilitated quarterly working groups with stakeholders to assess and resolve a wide scope of initiatives and concerns.
- Wrote and enforced Systems Architecture Users Manual, a directive used by clients Air Force-wide to build system architectures that standardized methodologies and cut help desk requirements by approximately 40%.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive plan; trained over 30 modelers from disparate locations and backgrounds on how to use required CASE tools to build models via project methodologies.