- An experienced Information Technology Specialist skilled in both aspects of PC hardware and software.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to give directions to non - technical users and provide guidance when requested.
- Offers strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Has 6+ years providing customer service and IT support to large enterprise user community.
- Passionate about technology with drive to keep current with continuing education.
- Hardware installation and trouble shooting
- Computer assembly-disassembly
- Installing, Upgrading/Migrating Operating Systems
- Basics of Ethernet technologies, cabling LANs and WANs, and networking media
- Perform bench-level preventive hardware maintenance, replacement and repair of computer terminals.
- Troubleshooting Office Suite issues
- Editing/formatting Microsoft Word issues
- Help Desk/ Customer Support
- Active Directory
- Cisco VPN
- Microsoft Office Suite 2000/2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Communicator
- People Cube Resource Scheduler
- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v.8.0/9.0/10/Endpoint
- Scan Asset
- Numara Footprints (help desk ticketing system)
- Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Enterprise Vault.
Technical Support Analyst
- Provided exceptional technical support to 1500 users and VIPs on-site, off-site and regional offices at an independent U.S. Federal agency.
- Communicated openly with users to supply prompt resolution of Tier 1-2 support calls
- Played a main role in maintaining 90% or higher on service level agreements (SLA), beating contract requirements by 10% or more despite department understaffing.
- Assisted users with installations, configurations, and modifications of hardware/software.
- Installed/configured and deployed workstations for new employees
- Made modifications to Active Directory as needed.
- Performed re-builds on inoperative computers; imaged systems with Symantec Ghostcast Server.
- Kept track of help desk calls with Numara Footprints ticketing system
- Assisted remote users with issues relating to Cisco AnyConnect VPN software, Remote Desktop Connections and password resets.
- Updated and kept track of inventory with Scan Asset inventory system.
- Performed actions with System Center Configuration Manage (SCCM) pulling software to user’s computers.
- Used the SCCM application to remote into user’s computers to assist with Adobe and Office Suite application issues.
- Performed computer registry modifications as needed to resolve computer issues.
- Provided SharePoint issue support.
- Provided support for Symantec Enterprise Vault in Microsoft Outlook.
- Used People Cube Resource Scheduler software for setting up meetings. Provided support to end-users with related issues.
- Researched unfamiliar issues to develop a prompt solution.
- Provided training to new employees on machine and software operations.
- Collaborated and coordinated services with other on-site/off-site departments to provide quick resolutions.
- Applied diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions for desktops, laptops, portable devices and software.
- Resolved issues related to personal, networked, and multifunction printers.
Temporary Call Center Coordinator
- Ran reports of previous day’s help desk tickets, making sure the tickets were assigned appropriately.
- Performed Quality Assurance (QA) on help desk tickets.
- Generate end-user survey reports
- Surveyed users on quality of assistance received.
- Ordered printer toner and other computer accessories for the I.T. department.
- Kept inventory of all IT items, ordered more items as necessary.
Jr. Hardware Technician/Tech Refresh
- Team lead of tech refresh group
- Imaged/Configured Dell OptiPlex 755/780 desktops
- Upgraded Dell GX260’s running windows XP with Dell OptiPlex 755/780’s running Windows Vista Enterprise.
- Upgraded older HP network printers with newer HP printers.
- Imaged/configured Dell E6400 laptops with Iron Key thumb drives. Prepped laptops with appropriate image and configurations
- Traveled to regional offices (Chicago, New York, Kansas City) to upgrade XP machines to Vista Machines.
- Provide customer/technical support for laptops.
- Kept track of hardware with Scan Asset inventory system.
Ebay/ Store Sells Rep
- Took calls from customers wanting to order pcs. Took down customer’s information and processed the order.
- Fixed laptops, replaced parts, and removed viruses from laptops.
- Handled customer service calls for Ebay sells and store sells.