SKILLS, SOFTWARE AND TOOLS EXPERIENCE:
Software skills: Adobe Framemaker, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop
Microsoft Office 365: Access, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint, Designer, SharePoint, Project, VISIO, Office Live, SnagIt and SKYPEWORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Client Service Representative
- Respond to customer requests regarding billing, technical and general customer service inquiries.
- Assist customers with wireless device configuration, setup, media connection or configuration, porting contact lists, photos, music and media from old to upgraded devices.
- Maximize customer satisfaction through expanding their wireless experience by suggesting new products and applications to their benefit.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the application software and the PC.
- Initiate customer follow - up calls for inquires not immediately resolved and complete call logs and reports.
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Technical Publications Developer
- Assessed documentation requirements through discussions with customers, software and hardware engineering, marketing, support personnel and field service for requirements and input.
- Analyzed blueprints, schematics, CAD drawings, and specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of final documentation.
- Improved technical documentation through job and task analysis resulting in updates to documentation for procedural clarity.
- Organized and wrote user guides, quick start guides, installation and procedure manuals, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, and technical order material.
- Reviewed draft material with the customer base, revised material as requested to improve quality of content.
- Coordinated graphics and drawings required for documentation with graphics personnel and produced final masters for reproduction.
- Achieved 97% customer satisfaction rating on documentation quality surveys.
Confidential , S anta C lara, C A
Networking Technical Training Publications Developer and Writer
- Developed technical documentation, materials, and procedures to train customers in hardware and software configuration and maintenance.
- Conducted on-site training and documentation sessions for customer technicians throughout the US and Canada.
- Achieved a 93% satisfaction feedback from customers on documentation surveys.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Networking New Products Technical Writer
- Interviewed subject matter experts (SMEs) and customer technicians to determine manual content requirements.
- Constructed a lab providing hands-on technical hardware and software experience.
- Conducted theoretical and practical applications of SynOptics networking hardware and software, including fiber optic, Ethernet, and twisted-pair networking using SynOptics concentrators for customer technicians.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Led a team of 12 writers and trainers, coordinating our new products documentation and training with sales skills and marketing requirements to insure the world-wide sales force was trained to meet sales goals and budgets.
- 40% increase in Confidential networking hardware and software sales by concise documentation.
- Prepared technical writers and training developer's budget to support multiple new products.
- Designed a new Self-Paced documentation and training strategy for Small Systems New Products, allowing decentralization to local sites instead of requiring travel to headquarters.
- Saved over $20 million dollars annually in travel, per diem, and lost productivity by decentralizing documentation and training to localized worldwide centers.
- Analyzed entire existing documentation and curriculum producing a documentation/curriculum diagram, recommending where additional documentation and user guides were required.
- Participated in Subject Matter Expert (SMEs), Marketing and Support team meetings and designed technical documentation for the new Graphic System product.
- Collected acronyms, terminology and definitions that were new to the industry and standards definitions that was published as the Confidential Dictionary of Terminology.