Energetic, extremely motivated IT and Audio Visual Professional seeking a position which complements and utilizes my advanced IT Technical Support, Audio/Visual Conferencing, Business and Customer Relations skills to assist an organization in meeting its goals.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and decision - making skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Outstanding customer relations skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Creative and detail oriented
- Flexible, with the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Accomplished at using creativity in practical applications
- Bilingual - English/Spanish (semi-fluent)
- Highly accomplished at all major computer operating systems and their programs and applications. Including mobile devices: BlackBerry, iPhone and iPad.
- Dynamic, goal - oriented IT Professional who excels in a high-energy environment
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Microsoft Windows OS (95 - Windows 7), Windows Server (2005-2008), Macintosh OS X/OS 9
- Desktop Support/Network Administration
- Hardware/Software Installation and Configuration
- Break fix
- WAN/LAN/voice-over IP
- Audio/Visual Production and Support
- Domain Administration
- Active Directory
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE)
- Guardian Edge Encryption
- PeopleSoft (Database Administration)
- Seibel Database Systems (Public Sector)
- Remedy Action Request System
- Network Server Imaging/Ghost
- Microsoft Office 2003-2010
- Citrix Networking/Server Farm
- Altiris Remote Desktop tool
- Cisco Systems (VOIP Telecommunications/VPN)
- Exchange: EAS/PKI
- IBM Lotus Notes E-mail Client
Confidential, Norwell, MA
Desktop Support Technician/Network Administrator
- providing excellent customer service to thousands of federal government employees and contractors on all hardware/software and TCP/IP network related issues.
- Supporting several Veterans Health Administration (VHA) offices, departments and locations.
- Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hardware/software troubleshooting, TCP/IP networking, Active Directory 2008 administration, laptop encryption using Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE), Citrix WAN configuration/administration, server farm analysis, Cisco VPN configuration, Big Fix, network server imaging of PC workstations and laptops, laptop and workstation deployment and provisioning, Remote HW/SW troubleshooting using various tools, office relocations/moves, PKI certificates support (import/export, etc.), Microsoft Outlook support/configuration and troubleshooting, Network Administration, Cisco client configuration (wireless, etc.), hard drive wiping, monitoring the Remedy Service Desk/ Ticketing System and transferring to other groups when appropriate. Installing and troubleshooting local/network printers and scanners. Regularly completing various other duties as necessary.
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
Desktop Support Engineer
- Desktop Support Engineer providing at-desk, phone and email support to users of computer hardware and software, peripherals, as well as with fixed and mobile phones.
- Reported to the IT Services Manager under the Director of Operations and Engineering.
- Responsible for performing at-desk/bench analysis, diagnosis and resolution of laptop, desktop, phone and printer issues; installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting PC and Mac hardware/software.
- Outlook .ost repairs/rebuilds.
- Configuring Outlook user profiles, and performing all Outlook file backups to servers for HR/legal holds purposes. Basic troubleshooting and configuration of BlackBerry, iPhone, Palm and Windows Phone handheld devices. Performed asset management duties on a regular basis using Numera’s TrackIt.
Confidential, Annandale, VA
IT Help Desk Technician
- responsible for providing support to all Faculty, Staff and Students of Confidential (all campuses) via email, phone, and electronic live chat, perform various IT related functions such as: continually checking all web portal/network performance and functionality.
- Providing front-line advice service to end-users on software and hardware related issues PC/Mac, Performing first-level diagnosis of customer issues, maintaining high first-call resolution rate.
- Opening and taking ownership of incidents and service requests using SmarterTrack Ticketing System; tracking issues until resolved.
- Escalating issues as required.
- Managing telecommunication systems accounts (Cisco Systems). LAN accounts administration in an Active Directory environment.
- Microsoft Exchange mailbox/group creation/supporting both in network, and Outlook Web Access, database administration using PeopleSoft, Server Farm analysis on an hourly basis, and reporting outages and other issues in a timely fashion.
- Apple iPhone/iPod Touch devices troubleshooting and support. Performing other technology support duties as needed.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Copyright Help Desk Technician
- Performed various IT related functions such as installation and support of hardware and software, PC setup and deployment, created work orders, tracked inventory and weekly reporting for project assistance.
- Provided front-line advice service to end-users on software and hardware related problems, performed first-level diagnosis for customer issues maintaining high first call resolution rate. Opened, tracked, and took ownership of incidents and service requests.
- Managed customer communications and set appropriate expectations, moderate database administration using Siebel, and Active Directory, performed other technology support duties as required.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Help Desk Analyst
- Created, tracked, resolved and closed trouble tickets using Remedy Action Request System.
- Researched customer issues in an effort to provide the best possible resolution.
- Proactively went about tracking customer issues (root cause analysis) to better anticipate possible trends; thereby, cutting the resolution time considerably.
- Maintaining an extremely professional, personable, can-do attitude at all times.
- Continually augmented my personal knowledge base in all areas of technology to better serve customers.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Production Assistant/IT Consultant
- Provided Audio Production and Redbook Mastering for national and local recording artists, some software tools
- Provided PC technical support services and IT solutions for small business clients supporting their mission-critical projects and helping them serve their clients more efficiently and effectively. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to: assisting in digital audio recording/mixing sessions; CD duplication and mastering; and setting up instruments for recording sessions.
- Clerical duties included: scheduling clients, preparing invoices, collecting payment for services rendered and accounts payable.
- IT/tech duties included: installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining computer hardware/software (Mac and PC) throughout each of the studios.