- Solutions - focused professional with over 3yrs experience providing rapid and client-focused technical support to 6000+ users in 24/7 environment. Demonstrated capacity to identify root cause and providing lasting solutions. Well versed in a variety of common operating systems, applications, and hardware with a proven ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
Operating systems: MS-Dos, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN, DHCP, DNS, Ethernet, FTPApplications Citrix Xenapp, Vmware, Exchange 2003/2010, Server 2003/2008, RSA secure id, MS Office 2000/2003/2007/2010 , Bloomberg, Reuters, Webex, Symantec Antivirus/Backup, RDP, VNC viewer,Logmein, Team viewer, ILO, Rightfax, Winzip, Adobe Reader, Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, CutePDF
Hardware: Servers, Thin clients, Desktops, Laptops, printers, scanners, cameras, PBX, CISCO VOIP, Projectors, CCTV
Helpdesk Support Engineer
- Support various Managed Services Clients through VPN.
- Loading patches on UAT/PRD environment for client testing.
- Providing L1/L2 support to more than 6000 users worldwide in 24/7 environment.
- Working in a team of 40 members and coordinating with different levels of team in India, US and UK.
- Providing remote support with the help of tools like RDP, VNC Viewer, Team Viewer.
- Active directory, DNS and GPO management on Server 2003/2008.
- Mailbox management on MS Exchange 2003/2010.
- Basic Vmware support
- Reuters (Messenger, 3000 xtra) and Bloomberg support.
- Symantec/Sophos Antivirus Installation and management.
- Symantec Backup Executive management
- Security patch management on Desktops/Servers
- Citrix Xenapp 6.0 Support on Server 2003/2008
- Thin client installation and support
- LAN Sweeper management and EAS mail archiving support.
- Office 2003/2007/2010 installation and support.
- Escalation and follow-up for escalated issues. Monitoring alerts across all offices which includes Windows Servers, Backups, Network Links, Power Outages and UPS Systems.
- Perform weekend tasks like mailbox movement and preventive maintenance for Servers/Desktops.
- Supporting home users on Citrix related issues and RSA token administration.
- Provide EPBX/CISCO VOIP phonesupport and setting up Webex for conferences/meetings.
- Windows Server OS management. Monitoring of servers, Hardware /Software.
- Change implementation of Software and Hardware as per requirement.
- Vendor Coordination for Sever Hardware/Software.
- Manage server Hardware and Software inventory
- Train end users on basic automated solutions.