- Polished IT Professional with 34 years of technical experience combined with outstanding leadership ability and creative problem solving skills in both strategic and tactical areas.
- Effective organizational and time management skills, detail - oriented, excellent verbal and written communication with a strong background in analytical research and problem solving.
- Provided hands-on support to ensure the day-to-day, on-time delivery of mission critical business applications, systems and initiatives.
- Supported User/Customer demand at a high level by applying IT discipline knowledge and following Confidential .
- Interacted with users at all levels: dealt directly with escalated requests and complaints, and was accountable in delivering and achieving positive results.
- Delivered on the promise to provide effective and efficient services to build integrity and relationships with the users by establishing communication channels.
- Accountable for metrics reporting (server counts, cost, and reductions)
- Project, Risk, Application, Cost Avoidance Management and Capacity Planning
- Maintained high level security standards and compliance
- Performed storage and san management, backup, restore, and disaster recovery
- Performed tape management functions including SLS and Tivoli Storage Manager
- Expertise in using, installing, and troubleshooting mainframe hardware, OS and application software, and network services
- Skills in multitasking, organization and time management
Operating Systems: OpenVMS, Oracle, Sun Solaris, Linux, HP UNIX, Microsoft
Network Services: DNS, NFS, NTP, FTP, SSL
Software Network Protocols: DECNET, TCP/IP, OSI Model, Middleware
Operations: OpenVMS VAX/Alpha, HP UNIX, Linux, and Windows, CMDB
Special Projects Command Center Consultant
- Created, managed, and solved HP Service Center IT trouble tickets.
- Communicated with stores to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Managed Cisco Access Points on the TJX enterprise wireless network.
- Installed WPA SSID encryption software on wireless markdown units, including keypads, scanners and printers.
- Work with TCP/IP network configuration settings.
- Second Project - Holiday Wellness Check
- Ensured all inventory of equipment was functioning properly.
- Updated software on infrastructure across North America including servers, point of sale units, handheld units, thin clients, touch screens, and debit card pin pads.
- Third Project - Collaborate with Service Level 2 Helpdesk
- Worked with HP Service Center to resolve trouble tickets.
ITO Service Delivery Rep
- Three-year lead on project mission to deliver and sustain accessible integrated OpenVMS revenue platforms, highly valued by HP and its partners.
- Aligned worldwide enterprise services for internal and external customer consulting, outsourcing capabilities and service delivery.
- Reduced/eliminated redundant applications.
- Decommissioned obsolete hardware technology including inventory.
- Monitored daily activities to minimize business interruptions.
- Built a solid working relationship as the voice-of-the-customer representative.
- Configured and maintained databases including Oracle, SQL, and MS Sharepoint platforms.
- Provided both onsite and remote support.
- Developed performance measures with leadership teams, installed software processes, and achieved substantial cost savings across the world wide OpenVMS IT infrastructure.
- Provided consulting services for non-IT clients.
- Multi-vendor global platform services ranging from Sun OS, HP UNIX, Linux and OpenVMS management.
- Provided all-around support, system performance appraisal and consultation for Sales, Marketing, Financial, and Administrative revenue stream businesses.
- Basic knowledge of 4gl software products and Oracle database management.
- Provided deep level support consisting of on-call 24x7 rotation commitment and escalation.
- Provided SAS support for Marketing and Sales.
- Client services representative for U.S. territories.
- Disaster Recovery management.
- Database management.
- Responsible for maintaining various hardware and software equipment:
- Xerox, Lexmark, and HP printers