Information technology and communication specialist whose qualifications include a certification in installation, maintenance and repair and detailed knowledge of cable, telecommunications and computer tools, technologies and best practices. Eleven years of experience in the installation, repair maintenance and protection of networks, systems and information assets for diverse companies and organizations.
- Network & PC System Security
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Authentication & Access Control
- System Monitoring
- Regulatory Compliance
Security Technologies: Anti - Virus Tools (Norton, Symantec, Ghost, etc.)
Systems: Windows (all); Trained in Linux(Unix)
Networking: LANs, WANs, VPNs, Routers, Firewalls, TCP/IP
Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
IT Telecom Specialist
- Led comprehensive security infrastructure upgrades (e.g., firewall/VPN upgrades, intrusion detection, token-based authentication and remote management) installation and system repair for various midsize and large companies.
- Protected vulnerable networks following detailed risk assessments.
- Supported cross-functional teams in the design, validation, acceptance testing and implementation of secure, networked communications across remote sites for several key clients.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Became a specialist in the cable and telecom industry for multiple clients and employers:
- The implementation and installation of new fiber optic networks, voice, data and video services over IP WAN, wireless residential and commercial high speed networks, IP routing and trafficking for video equipment which include PC Ethernet and wireless N&G MAC/PC products.
- Repair and install telephone wire and jacks and provide change of service in residential and commercial environments.
- Protected vulnerable cable systems following detailed risk assessments.
- Detected signal leakages within system, generated repair orders for 2-way CATV system per Confidential requirement.
- Repaired, serviced and maintained all video and HSD cables for optimum performance.