- A+ and ASM certified IT Support Professional with 4 plus years of experience working with the Confidential managing a 7 - man team handling high volume trouble calls, while maintaining a Ship Wide Area Network (SWAN), requiring quick thinking, and efficient planning.
- Able to provide PC technician and network administrative support maintaining ships network for 400 end users of desktop equipment in port and 1000 while deployed.
- During my time in the navy I became experienced the Telecommunications as well as the networking aspect of the IT community.
- Able to manage and maintain equipment within the ELF, SLF, ULF, VLF, LF, HF, VHF, UHF, SHF, and EHF including data based equipment.
- Fixing printers'/fax machines, hardware and software issues in both Mac and Windows based computers.
- Well versed in all Microsoft office programs.
- Highly skilled in Active Directory, Oracle and MySQL.
- Typing Speed: 65 Words Per Minute
- Apple or Macintosh Computers.
- Database Software (Oracle, Access, etc.).
- Email Software (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)
- Graphics or Drawing Software (Photoshop, etc.)
- Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)
- Networking or LAN Software (Cisco, etc.)
- Peripheral Devices (Scanners, Printers, etc.)
- Personal Computers.
- Presentation Software (PowerPoint, Flash, etc.)
- Spreadsheet Software (Calc, Excel, etc.)
- Utility Software (Virus, File Compression, etc.)
- Word Processing Software (Word, WordPerfect, etc.) Information Systems Technician Class Sep 18, 2012 - Feb 14, 2013 CID Corry Station
- Perform entry level information systems technician duties and tasks.
- Operate and troubleshoot software and hardware, local area networks (LANs), and Microsoft Windows server, and investigate, troubleshoot, and research portable devices.
- Operate and troubleshoot telecommunication equipment within various HF, UHF, SHF, VHF, and EHF equipment
- Able to Operate RedHat 7.3 and other Linux based Operating Systems.
A+, Active Directory, Photoshop, Apple, basic, CISCO, hardware, Database Software, Email, fax machines, Flash, Drawing, Graphics, Information Systems, Internet Explorer, Lan, local area networks, LANs, Mac, Macintosh Computers, all Microsoft, Access, Excel, office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Windows, Windows, Word, monitors, MySQL, network, Networking, networks, Oracle, peripherals, personnel, Printers, publications, research, Scanners, Spreadsheet, technical support, desktop support, Technician, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, Typing Speed, UHF, voice and data and Various other Frequency based equipment, Word Processing, WordPerfect 65 Words Per Minute
Information Systems Technician
- Operate and maintain information systems and various information technologies including local area networks wide area networks, mini and micro-computer systems and associated peripheral equipment and services.
- Perform basic data back-ups, system restoral procedures, assigns or changes user accounts, and password resets.
- Provides desktop support to network users. Performs troubleshooting procedures, documents technical support advice, and maintains media libraries.
- Installs new hardware, workstation components, peripherals, and documents media hardware and software licenses.
- Manage and update directory information, and monitors equipment status.
- Assists technical personnel in providing critical voice and data communication links between ship and shore commands.
- Operate and perform system monitoring and circuit restoration of various HF, UHF, SHF, and EHF communication suites.
- Ensure proper handing cryptographic equipment and keying material.
- Properly handle, formats, and transmits official message traffic.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance as required. Maintains logs, files, and publications as it relates to communication and network operations.
Confidential, Richardson Texas
Deskside Support Representative
- software configuration/setup changes n-site maintenance and repair system/network reconfiguration system/network installation, discontinuance, relocation, upgrade, and modification
- Services were performed in a high volume environment with access to maintenance parts, software support, and software analysis/repair.
- Performed complex problem determination and repair activities using techniques that went beyond the standard maintenance package
- Demonstrated leadership in innovative problem resolution techniques.