- Human resources professional with experience in the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of payroll, benefits, employee relations and comprehensive knowledge of local and federal laws and regulations.
- Experienced in training and managing employees and organizing and implementing policies and programs that assist in building a strong organizational culture.
- Demonstrated ability to transform and meet business focused commitments.
- Served as the point of contact for all personnel employee matters and provided guidance to employees, managers and executives.
- Coordinated and led the local rewards and recognition programs; continuously collaborating with the leadership team to identify and reward top performers
- Led projects, employee welfare events and diversity initiatives, exercising ability to improvise, improve procedures, manage people and meet demanding deadlines
- Organized annual “Take Your Child to Work” day in conjunction with the nationally recognized event.
- Coordinated training, educational and developmental opportunities for all employees including senior leadership
- Wrote, restructured and implemented a new employee orientation, which included senior leadership participation, luncheons and focus groups
- Guided managers on performance development plans, and assisted employees with creating training plans
- Created process improvement plans and transitional plans for human resources department
- Assisted with the organization of diversity and college initiatives to attract eligible candidates and screened resumes, applications and conducted preliminary interviews
- Designed, developed, and disseminated the business area newsletter while maintaining the internal website which supported and promoted the program activities, goals and objectives.
ConfidentialAdministrative Assistant IV/Office Manager
- Administered all benefit programs for employees, including retirement, health insurance, 401K, pension, life insurance, long - term care, flexible spending accounts, worker's compensation, and leave
- Organized health benefits site visits across the business area and presented benefits to employees
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Administrative Assistant Sr
- Assisted managers with creation job requisitions, including but not limited to job descriptions, educational and experience requirements.
- Supported the development and implementation of equitable hiring and compensation strategies
- Coordinated annual merit procedures and ensured that the communication was disseminated amongst employees.
- Rewards management lead ensuring that all employee awards are processed and distributed.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Managed inputs regarding new employee and termination information into PeopleSoft, to ensure a seamless transition
- Monitored personnel hiring and terminations and ensure accuracy of data input (HRIS) and systems access
- Assisted the talent acquisition team and managers with updating Confidential
- Conducted industry-wide studies and evaluations of programs within the company involving isolating, identifying, and recommending solutions to critical problems
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative internal studies which required the collecting, evaluating and analyzing HR metrics to monitor performance and identify trends.
- Prepared and analyzed staffing and diversity related reports and presented to senior leadership team
- Prepares and reviews comprehensive operational and financial reports and proposals for senior management review.
- Gather and analyze data for cost projections and schedule estimates
- Perform analytical and technical support for project management and cost control activities in support of financial management systems and projects
- Performs oversight and ensures adherence to the divisions $5M overhead budget, performing estimation analyses of cash expenditures and obligation to ensure reductions in cost
- Manages capital purchases, direct vendor relations, generates and maintain equipment tracking records. Performs overall management of administrative functions.
- Consulted frequently with others both internally and externally on matters related to administrative/business management activities