- Sr. Desktop Support Specialist with over 8 years of experience in end user support, staff and development, and providing the best user experience for team members
- Currently support 350 users across 4 locations
- Responsible for PC maintenance, upgrades, configurations and deployments in a windows environment
- Analyzes and consults on the agency’s technology needs and develop action plans to address and resolve technology needs
- Responsible for new hire onboarding and Responsible for annual staff IT security s and IT/System best practices
- Daily use of TeamViewer, Quick Assist and SCCM support internal customers remotely
- Experienced with Cisco networking and configuration VoIP and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Experienced with Active Directory
- Solid and consistent employment history
- Personable and able to communicate with team members at all levels in the company.
Network: LAN, WAN, VPN, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, FTP, TCP/IP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, VoIP.
Security: System and Network Security, Symantec Endpoint Protection, HIPAA
Applications and Tools: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Active Directory, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Adobe, Papercut
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows XP/7/8/10/, Mac OS X, Server 2008/2012
Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Android and Apple mobile devices, and network printers.
Desktop Support Specialist
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Installs, configures, and maintains the functionality of company desktop systems, laptops, and peripheral devices.
- Utilizes Active Directory for Adds, deletes, and moves, and permissions.
- Provides computer system support for staff, doctors and Senior Management.
- Manages and monitored inventory; ensured completeness and inventory of supplies.
- Administrator of Cisco IP Phones (7900 series) using Call Manager and Unity for voicemail.
- Administrator of Office 365 and Microsoft Endpoint Protection for mobile device security.
- Coordinate with vendors on the Procurement of all agency IT equipment (i.e. Desktop/Laptop computers, Apple IPad/IPhone, Microsoft surfaces, Printers and various software applications) with full support provided as well.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors to obtain best pricing and developing new vendor relationships
Field Desktop Technician
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to Operating System issues, Network Connectivity, TCP/IP configuration, upgrades, MS Office products and Internet connectivity.
- Provided support for over 4000 users in the St. Johns / Confidential East region.
- Maintaining other computer peripheral devices such as printers and solving printing problems if they arise.
- Responsible for configuring all third party devises for hospital staff ( IPad, IPod, Blackberry devices, and android phones/tablets)
Confidential, Garden City, Michigan
- Install, modify, clean, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Train computer users in how to use new computer hardware and software.
- Interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems.
- Provide advice to users, as well as for the day - to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks