- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering and technology.
- This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Strong analytical skills, with natural, instinctive troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and technical services.
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Analyzed technical information and evaluated results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicated with supervisors, co - workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, and in person to developed specific goals and technical plans to achieve organization goals.
- Communicated with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software and services.
- Nortel DMS-250 Maintenance
- Alcatel 1640 DWDM
- AOTMP Telecom Certification
- AOTMP Wireless Management Certification
- Nortel Opetra DX
- Blackberry Enterprise Level I
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP))
- Siemens HiPath 4000 switch
- Understanding Network Fundamentals
- Lucent 5ESS-2000 Switch Overview
- Interconnecting Cisco Networks Devices (ICND)
- Centest 650 Test Device
- Cisco VSC3000 Soft switch
- Siemens HiPath ProCenter Administration
Confidential, Suitland, MD
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Transition from Telecom Engineer to IT Engineer and worked in the following areas: Active Directory, Desktop, Laptop, Printer, Application, and End User Support.
- Multi-task and cross train in IT related functions.
- Provided remote support for windows users and assisted end-users with office applications.
- Acted as single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment.
- This included installing, maintaining, upgrading, configuring and Imaging desktops and laptops from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system.
- Provided support for virus removal, computer repair and software support for Microsoft Office applications.
- Andrews Federal employee of the year.
- Developed training guide lines for end users with Microsoft Office.
- Developed standard operation procedure for Virus removal.
- Implemented testing plan for computer upgrades and imaging.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
- Senior Network Engineer for SONET and DWDM network.
- Tested fiber optical systems with field engineers and supported customer’s circuits with Nortel and Alcatel equipment.
- Expertly performs root cause analysis, identifying network trends and making recommendations to reduce network failures.
- Test electronic circuits using basic test methods and worked with optical engineers to repair and evaluate problems.
- Designed and developed comprehensive procedures for standard operations in the Network Operations Center.
- Designed d Confidential center and implemented disaster recovery procedures.
- Trained and mentored junior engineers.
Confidential, Reston, VA
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
- IT Technical Support Engineer for VOIP devices and network .
- Installed and configured VOIP systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical application problems, both over the phone and in person.
- Provided technical support to network management center and customers for the Soft Switch Architecture in the ILEC environment.
- Performed lab work and configured Cisco MGX8250 gateway.
- Performed numerous upgrades, enhancements and software patches on the Soft switch.
- Authored test documentation for technical engineers.
- Developed lab environment for testing of Soft Switch.
- Created Standard Operation procedures for network management center.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Manager of network management center for Confidential .
- Provided hardware technical support, guidance and direction for all customers as required or requested from network management center.
- Supported product service activities with technical assistance as needed.
- This included documentation, process and procedure development, web site updates, and onsite training of network engineers.
- Directed, oversaw and supervised the day-to-day management and maintenance of technical support for the NET-Tel CAP network.
- Single-handedly provided 24-hour surveillance and technical support for the network and customer queries, concerns and issues.
- Implemented test procedures for testing customer circuits.
- Developed standard operation procedures.
- Provided training for internal groups.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
THIRD LEVEL SUPPORT ENGINEER / NETWORK OPERATION LEADER
- Technical engineer for IT department.
- Maintained all aspects of technical support and designed, developed, and implemented test plans with various vendors of Confidential Carriers.
- Supported Engineers, Field Technicians and the Trouble Management Center on various Confidential Carriers (DLC) issues.
- Mentored, trained and supported numerous technicians around the country on troubleshooting local and long distance circuits in a wireless environment.
- Planned and implemented upgrades to the Centest 650 test devices.
- Managed, maintained and repaired digital systems and associated equipment with various Inter-Exchange Carriers (IXC’s). Worked on 5ESS-2000 switch and interrelated telecommunication equipment.
- Developed and Implemented standard test procedures for technical engineers.
- Confidential employee of the year award.
- Implemented central test devices across the United States.