To gain employment as a Network Technician/Technical Support Specialist with a growth oriented upwardly mobile company while utilizing the education and the experience that I have acquired.
Skills: Voice/Data cable installation, termination and testing. Forming and lacing of Voice/Data cabling for closet terminations, as well as Data Center Installation of Cat 6 copper cabling, multi mode and single mode fiber using, ST.SC,and LC connectors, also installation of UPS, switches and routers. Perform cross connections,grounding and boding. Digital, analog, PBX, and VOIP telephone installation, maintenance and repair. Fiber optic installation and termination using Unicam SC/ST and LC connectors. Fast term SC/ST connectors, and also AMP MTRJ connectors. Can also operate an X - 77 fusion splicer. Hardware includes Systemax, Hubbell, Leviton Panduit, AMP, and Ortronics. Test equipment includes LanCat/Wirescope and most Flukes test sets, as well as the Fluke OTDR. Also have working knowledge of the EAMS/Remedy system, Microsoft Outlook, Aperture application, NT Network/Windows,95,98,2000,XP, NetGear, WAP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Dell Workstations and Servers, Cisco Routers and switches as well as HP Hubs and Printers.
Sr. Tech Support Spec.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of new and existing LAN/WAN - Network drops throughout the Confidential campus to include testing, termination, and troubleshooting, of Cat 6 Copper cabling as well as Fiber Optic cabling.
- Also supports the cable requirements of Dell, Unix, and Windows, servers being attached to the network in the Data Operations Centers.
- Perform site surveys support for installations of new LAN/WAN-Network drops, also leads team documentation efforts by leading document creation from EAMS/Remedy application.
- Also ensures all document reviews are conducted, as well as, document resolution of Change Request upon completion of groups tasks, also provides technical support for all network cable and fiber optic cable Help Desk cases i.e. troubleshooting and repairing faulty fiber optic and copper cabling connections, working hand in hand with Network operation Services, Desktop Field Support, and Voice Services Group.
- Directly supervise and correlate associates in field activity during the installation of voice/data LAN/WAN infrastructure, as well as Digital, VOIP, telephone installation and repair.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand floor plans, recognize need for and apply necessary urgency in which to process paperwork.
- Interfaced with customers and translated their needs into project requirements.
- Trained entry level and second level technicians according to EIA/TIA standards.
- Performed site surveys of customer facilities for service agreements.
- Specialize in the installation of voice/data LAN/WAN infrastructure, Digital and analog telephone installation, maintenance and repair, fiber optic installation, termination, and testing.
- Provided add moves and changes for voice and data services for several District and Federal government agencies throughout the Wash. DC area.
- Also assisted Confidential employees in the commercial installation of T-1 and ISDN lines on Confidential .