- Experienced Central Office Technician for Telecommunications Professional with strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Several years of installation and repair of fiber, copper, CAT 5 & CAT 6 ethernet, including proper lacing techniques.
- Experienced in a data control center proactively monitoring alarms, creating trouble tickets, isolating hardware trouble either within the Confidential network or Customer Premise Equipment (routers).
- Expert in customer service with large business customers and government customers.
- Excel in taking in customer trouble tickets and trouble reports from customers, isolating trouble from remote location data centers, repairing defective central office equipment or working with customer technicians to assist in the repair of Customer Premise Equipment.
- Isolating troubles and repairing circuits as quickly as possible.
- Experienced in speaking with large business and government customers to keep them informed of trouble ticket status as well as repair status.
- Escalation processes were followed as per company policies.
- Excel in high paced environment to repair high speed circuits in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service interaction and multitasking abilities.
- Experienced in pulling, properly running and lacing in heavy copper cable from conduit and across ceiling run down to equipment.
- Experienced with safety rules and installation of power cable between floors through the fire conduit. Able to reseal fire clay around the floor to floor conduit and have safety inspector sign, date, and place paper regulation over sealed conduit between floors of central office.
- Have power gloves (new and dated) needed to handle power cables.
- Aware of safety rules for grounding new power cables.
- Know proper fuse used for power and bays in central office
- Experienced in SMDS, DSL, ATM, PDN, Siemens switches and common cards associated with switches as well as the internal wiring inside the switch DS0, DS1, DS3 cabling, troubleshooting and repair.
- Experienced in main frame wiring with wire wrap to lug and also soldering to lug.
- Experienced in running jumper cables and fiber optic cables from switch to main frame location, check fiber attenuation, light levels.
- Experienced in checking for dial tone or data at the cable head, checking and replacing fuses ; including power fuses and changing same safely if blown.
- Experienced in toning out cable in central office with probe and tone equipment
- Experienced in the use of craftech test unit for ISDN circuits to check for programmed SPID numbers
- Experienced in using T - BERD test equipment in the central office to measure data and monitor data
- Experienced in running cable wiring in the central office and tying it down properly
- Experienced in stripping wire and punching it down securely
- Experience in working on the different frames in the central offices in order to run in jumpers, cross-wiring, DSX wiring on POTS, DSL, and hi-capacity circuits
- Experience in running in cable, fiber, and lacing in place properly
- Experienced in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining hi-capacity circuits, POTS lines, SMDS, ATM, DSL, PDN, ISDN through the central offices
- Experienced in monitoring for power alarms, DSX bay alarms, and fiber troubles.
- Experienced in cleaning of fiber optic cables as to maintain its integrity
- Experienced in working with COAX cable on DS3 circuits
- Calibration & repair to the component level
- AC/DC power and control systems
- Electro-mechanical proficiency
- Digital circuitry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Test equipment operation
- Efficient in reading circuit layout using TIRKS and WORDDOC
- Diagnostic testing
- Test and troubleshoot hi-capacity circuits, digital circuits, and analog circuits, POTS, SMDS, DSL, PND, ATM, ISDN
- Work with System Technicians to isolate troubles outside central office
- Work with other Central Office technicians if assistance is needed
- Work with Cable Technicians on outside troubles by isolating through the central office
- Work with Large Business Customers
Central Office Technician
- Central Office Technician including installation and repair as a contract worker for both in and out-of-state contracts.
Central Office Technician
- Troubleshot and resolved web application issues escalated from customer support.
- Assisted in the monitoring and reporting on website traffic and performance.
- Created customer trouble tickets, customer updates, and communication.
- Troubleshot hi - capacity circuits, digital data circuits, and analog circuits for large business customers.
- Communicated and trouble shot circuit issues and outages with System Technicians, Central Office Technicians, and Cable Technicians in the Controlled Environmental Vaults, Man holes, and Pedestals.
- Updated changes in circuit designs due to cable pair changes, and facility changes to repair and resolve customer outages as quickly as possible.