To join a reputable group adding my special talents, especially graphic arts, to fulfill deadlines and objectives.
- Ambitious and energetic, composed under pressure and get along very well with people at all levels.
- Very organized with professional approach. Very thorough with attention to detail. 31+ years experience:
- Graphic Artist
- Architectural CADCAM technician
- Draftsman preparing architectural structural and mechanical drawings, isometric and exploded - view drawings of buildings, systems and equipment
- Preparing draft and camera-ready technical illustrations for technical manuals
- Layouts and paste-up of illustrations and charts
- Configuration Management Specialist
- Developing and enforcing procedures and library structure for maintaining figures and diagrams in System Segment Specifications (SSS) and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS)
- Quality Assurance of System Engineering Change Requests implemented in DOORS requirement database
- Production, validation and quality assurance of SSS and SRS documentation
Friendly and easy going with people, able to handle stress, always willing to learn and take on new tasks, team player yet self-motivated and able to work alone with or without supervision, keen observer, fast learner, able trainer & good listener. Proficient working with customer to develop/identify requirements based on customer need.
MicroStation SE; Visio 2010; DOORS; CADCAM/Tektronix 4957; Cascade; AutoCAD LT 2002; Micrografx Designer 7; Interleaf; ArcInfo; Charisma; Photo Magic 1.0; CorelDraw 9; Adobe Illustrator 7.0; Adobe PageMaker 6.5; Adobe Photoshop 5.0; Adobe Acrobat Capture 3.0; Microsoft Word 2007; Microsoft Access 2007; Microsoft PowerPoint 2007; Microsoft Project 98; CalComp 1042 Plotter; QMS Lasergrafix; Prime on-line printer; Pitney Bowes D230; IBM Fast Draft; Interactive 5 Computer System (ICS) 1025T; Kodak Extraprint 200 Copier/Duplicator/Finisher; HP PhotoSmart 1000; HP DesignJet 600, 700; HP DeskJet 550C; HP PaintJet; HP Laser IV; Data Products; LaserMaster, Unity 1200XLO; HP LaserJet IIIsi; Epson Stylus Color P2; Tektronix Phaser 560; Canon DR-5020; HP 315 Digital Camera
Configuration Management Specialist/Senior Graphics Artist
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Developing a process for maintaining graphical changes for 90+ specifications with concurrent development of up to four releases
- Maintaining the master graphic files, check-out, check-in and implementation of Engineering Change Control Board (ECCB) approved changes
- Quality Assurance of DOORS implementation prior to base lining modules
- Assisting with the production of 70+ specification documents from DOORS and performing validation of engineering Change Requests (CRs).
- Creating and processing engineering notices that are submitted to and reviewed by the Hardware Technical Review Board
- Senior CADCAM Technician using Micrografx Designer, CorelDraw, Visio and PowerPoint to create multiple floor plans and details showing Equipment configuration, cable paths, power and grounding layout, Seismic Tie Down layout, Floor Tile layout, and Site Preparation
- Producing technical workbooks and graphics for numerous airports around the country using Microsoft Office Suite
- Assisting with the editing, formatting and conversion of documents from Interleaf 5 and 6 to Word
- Quality Control of manuals and documentation.
- Creating Parts List and Bill of Materials
- Responsible for the setting up maintaining, create the file structure, trouble shooting, setting up user ID’s, access rights, checking in and out drawings to maintain the history, doing the QA on the same the drawings before checking them using eQuorum ImageSite.
Senior Graphics Artist/Facilities Manager
Confidential, Reston, VA
- I use Graphic Design programs, Micrografx Designer, CorelDraw and PowerPoint to prepare organizational charts and graphs, floor plans, of both on and off-site buildings, and satellites as well as all technical support for proposals, briefs, and word processing and managing the other employees in the group.
- As a Facilities Manager, my responsibilities include, but are not limited to coordinating construction within the buildings, space planning, coordinate office setups and moves.
- I supervised the maintenance of all of the buildings to include, offices as well as the building’s phone system. I maintain the buildings; handle all dealings with our sub-tenants and sub-contractors, controlled the access to the buildings, order copier and department supplies, all general upkeep of the copiers, calling in copier problems and copy counts when needed, mailroom and supervise the cleaning companies.
- As Health and Safety Manager I was responsible for keeping our buildings safe, maintaining a monthly log-on of injuries, hazardous materials, MSDS, recycling, writing the Emergency Action Plan, weekly building checks, maintaining the AED, Automated External Defibrillator, and responsible for coordinating and monitoring training on the AED and CPR.
- Responsible for preparing interior and exterior architectural design drawings for new construction and the renovation of existing buildings using Cascade CADCAM.
- Prepared working drawings of floor plans, building sections, wall sections, and interior/exterior elevations, space and furniture planning, placement of walls, windows, doors and electrical and plumbing outlets. Also responsible for the demolition of existing structural members.
Confidential, Crystal City, VA
- Responsible for the organizational, direct and general support of technical manuals, Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists (RPSTL), and drafting blueprints.