- Over fourteen years of experience as an Information Technology Professional with a mature Microsoft skill set specializing in Enterprise Client and Cloud technologies. The ideal role would leverage my broad knowledge base and ability to architect solutions by mapping business problems to reusable end - to-end technology solutions.
- Solid technical expertise around the deployment of the Windows client (from Windows XP to Windows 10) using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and System Center Configuration Manager.
- Years of experience with the design, implementation, and support of various Windows client management tools and services, including Configuration Manager, Intune, BitLocker, Windows Defender, Windows Analytics, Store for Business, Co-Management, Autopilot, Cloud Management Gateway, etc.
- Experience with the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security suite of tools and services, including MDM, MAM, Azure AD, Intune, and Cloud App Security.
- Experience with the design, deployment, and management of Microsoft 365 technologies.
- Experience implementing a modern security strategy using Microsoft’s Threat Protection suite of technologies, including Azure Identity Protection, Priveleged Identity Manager, Azure MFA, Azure Information Protection, Conditional Access, Windows 10 Defender Stack, Cloud App Security, and Advanced Threat Protection.
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell.
- Possess the deep technical knowledge that allows me to integrate portions of technology that support a single technology area, but also possess a breadth of knowledge in multiple technology areas that allow integration between the various technologies in use within an enterprise environment.
- Lead multiple Windows 10 deployments and related feature projects, including image creation, deployment (wipe and load, and in-place upgrades), GPOs, Windows Analytics, Windows 10 Security, the Windows Defender Security Stack, and Windows as a Service adoption.
- Assisted multiple customers transition to a Modern Workplace with Microsoft 365 features and technologies, including Office 365, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Advanced Threat Protection, Conditional Access, Autopilot, Cloud Add Security, and Azure Information Protection.
- Designed and implemented multiple Configuration Manager CB infrastructure projects targeting both in-place upgrades to existing infrastructures and new deployments.
- Led migrations from 3 rd party MDM solutions to Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility + Security suite, including Azure AD design/upgrade, Intune MDM and MAM, conditional access, Cloud App Security, Application Proxy, MFA, and Azure Information Protection.
- Worked with multiple customers to identify protection gaps, and develop durable protection strategies across the entire kill-chain using Microsoft’s Threat Protection suite of services.
- Lead engineer for the Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration to 5000+ clients.
- Designed and implemented a true Windows 10 servicing model using Windows Update for Business.
- Implemented multiple cloud services and features, including Store for Business, Windows Analytics, Windows Update for Business, and Intune.
- Responsible for the deployment and management of the Office 365 client.
- Designed, implemented, and administered a new Configuration Manager Current Branch infrastructure to support the management, deployment, and servicing of Windows 10, Office 365, and Server platforms.
- Built an automated and repeatable Windows 10 image creation service with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
- Designed provisioning packages with the Windows ICD tool for imageless configuration of specialty devices.
- Responsible for the security of endpoints, including DLP, EDR, ASR, antivirus, encryption, and Threat and Vulerability Management.
- Redesigned the Active Directory Group Policy structure to cleanup legacy policies and introduce new policies around the security and new features in Windows 10.
- Played a key role in the adoption and support of Azure and other cloud services.
- Led Windows 10 deployments with Microsoft’s First Wave Team as part of Microsoft’s Technology Adoption Program (TAP).
- Led multiple Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite proof-of-concepts to assist with management and security of our customer’s Windows, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile device estate.
- Architected and implemented several Windows Server 2012 R2 DirectAccess servers to provide clientless and secure VPN access to multiple customer’s Windows 7 and Windows 8.x laptops ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 endpoints.
- Architected and implemented several System Center 2012 R2 (Private Cloud) projects, including Configuration Manager, Service Manager with Cireson, Operations Manager, Azure Pack, and Orchestrator.
- Performed multiple Windows client deployments and migrations using System Center Configuration Manager and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit from devices ranging from Windows XP to Windows 7/Windows 8.x/Windows 10 for clients ranging from 2,500 to 50,000 endpoints.
- Led multiple Surface device proof-of-concepts and deployments.
- Served as owner and Practice Lead of Confidential ’s Enterprise Client Management and Server and Cloud Platform technology groups to help drive education, awareness, and sales. Responsibilities included internal and external training, recruitment, pre-sales, whiteboarding sessions, lunch and learns, and ownership of proof-of-concept engagements.
- Manage Confidential ’s internal hybrid cloud infrastructure which includes Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V, System Center 2012 R2 suite, DirectAccess, Azure Pack, Microsoft Intune, Office 365, Windows 10, and Microsoft Azure.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Design, implemented, and supported a distributed OSD infrastructure and procedure using the latest Microsoft deployment technologies such as the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012.
- Developed, maintained, and documented Confidential ’ “Gold” Windows 7 Professional image following today’s Best Practices and the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Repackaged all of Confidential ’ line of business applications using Flexera Admin Studio and virtualized all of the necessary line of business applications for our VDI users using VMWare ThinApps.
- Provided architectural and technical leadership through all project stages that included a large scale Windows POSReady 7 deployment, a Windows 7 Professional desktop deployment, an upgrade to a Server 2008 R2 Active Directory infrastructure, an enterprise-wide migration to Office 2010, an upgrade to our VMWare VDI infrastructure, a migration to an Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, and Lync, and a migration from a LanDesk PC Management core to System Center Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure.
Windows 7 Consultant
- Building and maintaining desktop and server images
- Leveraging Group Policy Objects to manage and secure the desktop environment
- Deploying Windows images and applications using multiple methodologies, including SCCM, MDT, WAIK, WDS, etc.
- Managing the infrastructure using System Center Configuration Manager, including inventory and reporting, operating system deployments, software updates, and compliance settings.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Lead a Windows 2000 to Windows XP deployment migration using Ghost, batch scripting, and USMT 2.6.
- Responsible for the inventory of Amtraks desktop images, applications, drivers, and deployment scripts.
- Served as Team Lead for additional technical resources as required, establishing technical direction for technicians to ensure that standards are followed and maintained in accordance to Confidential directives.
- Lead a migration from a Ghost imaging infrastructure to WDS/BDD 2007.
- Delivered 24/7 on-site and remote support to nearly 1000 users throughout the state of Delaware and Philadelphia with little or no direct supervision.
- Managed, mentored, trained, developed, and motivated the Desktop Support team.
- Identified and resolved major incidents and outages throughout incident lifecycle, including discovery, researching, testing, and resolution implementation.