- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to guide discussions and concisely express thoughts and ideas
- Thoroughly educated in Microsoft technologies through a hands - on, intensive Microsoft-certified training program and ongoing practice on dedicated workstations & servers
- Multi-lingual - English, German, Bosnian
- Proven work ethic - punctuality, attendance, teamwork and overall performance
- Expertise with troubleshooting computer hardware / software issues.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008
Networking: LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN
Cabling: Cat 4, Cat 5, Cat 6, Cat 7 wiring
Technical Specs: Installation, configuration, setup new workstations and swap out old computer systems, configure network printers systems, rational robot, install new hardware, print servers, supports and maintains user account information in active directory including rights, security and system groups using Active Directory. Performed numerous software upgrades, identified problems, diagnosed causes and determined corrective actions to end users in all departments. Deployed desktop images for computers and initiated a regular maintenance schedule for outlying remote clinical and lab sites upgrading machines and printers as needed.
- Hands on experience of Desktop and Laptops issues with hardware and OS related problems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting Laptop and desktop issues.
- Hardware installation, testing, cleaning, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
- Provided functional and technical support , troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, including desktop, laptop, LAN, and remote systems.
- Deploy and configuring PCs, Workstations and Laptops.
- Maintenance, Troubleshooting of Desktop Pc’s, Laptops,Operating System Installation of Windows XP/VISTA and Windows 7.
- Installation and Raid configuration of Windows server 2003 and 2008.
- Imaging PCs, Workstation and Laptop using Symantec Ghost & Acronics tool.
- Explains the exact cause of problem and provided solutions to it.
- Responsible for responding to customer calls on hardware issues.
- Implementing and configuring the corporate LAN environment.
- Hardware and Microsoft support for the Client machines.
- Installation and configuration of network Printers.
- Outlook and Lotus Notes configurations and support
Desktop Support Engineer
- Directly coordinating with user to gather the new requirements and working with existing issues.
- Designed & Implemented security architecture for Financial Group.
- Involved in Data Modeling and SQL server Database
- Migrated & upgraded Business Objects from 6.5 and Crystal Reports 10 to XI r2 Universe designing and establishing BO environment.
- Designed Universes for Financial Billing system and Order processing.
- Created Objects and prepared Reports like financial reports, HR reports, standard and adhoc reports, and universes.
- Involved in joining the tables by creating aliases to resolve the loop.
- Prepared many other reports by using master details, cross-tabs, slice and dice and drill mode as per the requirement of the end-user.
- Tested the aggregate awareness to ensure the query is pulling correct level of aggregation.
- Converted Desktop Intelligence Reports to Web Intelligence using Report Conversion Tool.
- Implemented Security Features of Business Objects like row level, object level and report level to make the data secure.
- Developed universe user documentation guide.
Desktop support / Hardware Support
- Created and tested zero day attack response system for the enterprise (Trend Micro OfficeScan Corporate, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool).
- Performed security hardening and updates/patches rollouts for server and workstations (Windows Server Update Services, LANDesk).
- Provided technical services on information security and risk management (intrusion detection and prevention).
- Administered internal investigations of allegations concerning improper use of government resources.
- Provided advisory services to various projects regarding security policies, information security management and best practices.
- Responsible for county-wide computing environment maintenance, upgrades and migrations utilizing various industry standard toolsets (Norton Ghost, LANDesk Management Agent, Microsoft User Migration Tool). Directly responsible for creating and managing automated software distribution packages utilized by Orange County.
- Charged with several senior-level design projects such as: the implementation of time synchronization packages (Windows NT TimeServ.exe 2000/XP NIST), centralization of weather reporting hardware and software.