As an information technology professional with well over 20 years of experience in Local and Wide Area Networks and IT customer support. Seeking a position with an organization that can fully capitalize on my acquired skills while continuing to build a challenging and rewarding career in the computer - networking and customer support environment with available opportunities leading to management.
Configure and operate Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 and 2000, Windows XP, 2007/XP Vista, Linux and Unix. Maintain and support messaging systems and Internet browser for end users, Define levels of network security; differentiate types of network users. Utilize Windows 2000 Advance Server Exchange 2003, knowledge to solve network resource conflicts, define levels of network security; differentiate types of network users.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Install and configure Server operating systems, Windows 2000, 2003 Server, XP, Unix, Linux, Mac, Vista, Windows 7, Apple Mac 10.7 Install and configure Server operating systems.
SOFTWARE SKILLS: 2007/2010 Office Suite, XP Vista, Citrix, NW ADMIN, Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS),Active Directory, Remote Cisco router switch configuration, Avaya System Administrator, Disaster Recovery VERITAS System Backup Exec 9.0 10.0,12.5, HTML, Remedy, Anti Virus, TCP/IP VPN Firewall, Unix,, Database Admin.
Confidential, College Park, MD
- To provide technical support for three off campus sites directly to faculty and staff of the Confidential.
- As the coordinator I have a staff of four technical support personal under me whom with me we are responsible for working directly with the faculty and staff on such support services as hardware and software installation, network security, repair, upgrades, video over IP, help desk functions and related duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities included investigating, diagnoses, and resolves problems with computer system and equipment. Explores impact of proposed solution and provides recommendations and alternative strategies. Repair equipment according to the best-use policies and procedures. Follow-up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction. Assist in the installation, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, and the design of communications system such as data, audio visual, and networking.
Backup Administrator, Systems Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- As Backup System Analyst my duties include completing daily statistical management report, server maintenance once a month, technical support on such support services as, completing Remedy tickets assigned to the Confidential Shared Services / Hosting group and following-up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsibilities included investigating, diagnoses, and resolves problems with backup servers and there storage library, repair equipment according to the best-use policies and procedures for EPA; assist in troubleshooting and the installation of s/w, testing, and maintenance on backup servers.
Current Backup Administrator, Systems Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Support hardware and software for Backup Exec 12.5 on Windows Server 2003 servers, equipped with Confidential and Overland LTO systems.
- Upgrade and Install Microsoft OS, Backup Exec Admin Console & media server, SAV, plus other server software, including BE agent pushes, patches and updates.
- Assist Confidential ’s HQSS and Security teams, as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting creating, maintaining backup and restoration jobs for EPA Confidential HQ’s supported remote Windows and Netware servers.
- Change, rotate tapes in LTO units, and maintain 30 days of backups in locked safes in multiple EPA computer room locations.
- Responsible for resolution of CDM Remedy tickets, to include creating and running backups and restores of Lotus Notes, Netware, and Microsoft servers for running various applications, such as SQL, Oracle, RMS, Bindview, and Zenworks database files, requested by EPA staff and contractors.
- Completed multiple CDM Backup Server Projects, upgrading servers from NT to 2000 to 2003, migrating Backup Exec from v8.6 to v9.1 to v10.1d to v11.1, v11.1 to v12.5 and migrating BE SQL databases without losing data.
- Learned Microsoft Windows 2003 and Microsoft Active Directory from Microsoft Docs, and Confidential @Learn from Skillport, in preparation for server migrations in the EPA domain.
- Worked with CDM team server building and on multiple CDM server migrations, from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 server, AIT to LTO tapes, Dell and Overland units.
- Communicate status of CDM servers every day, and contact POC remote servers to fix BE Remote Agents, job failure, and lost connections, also, Backup multiple window servers types for example Lotus Notes, Database, File and Print Clusters.
- Assisted in the CDM Tape Inventory and CDM Tape Relabeling Projects.
Backup System Administrator
Confidential, Wash., DC
- As Backup Administrator for EPA my duties included maintaining an enterprise backup environment to ensure availability and recoverability or corporate electronic data, also, monitor, troubleshooting, and issue resolution of backup environment. I maintained proper monitoring and reporting of utilization of the backup environment, including installing Veritas S/W (8.6 and 9.1) performance tuning, monitoring, trouble shooting, analyzing, and media handling.
- Work with the OS Support teams to resolve any O/S, hardware, or network based issues that may impact optimal performance of backups.