- 11 years of Professional Experience in the IT Industry having a wide range of skill sets such as design, development and enhancement in Data warehousing solutions - database management, data mapping, data loading and data validation.
- 6+ years of experience in handling multi-terabyte data warehouse - Netezza Servers (Twin fin, Striper and Mako), Netezza SQL, Netezza Migration and performance tuning in Netezza.
- Experienced in Data modelling.
- 7+ years of experience in Retail domain and market research, handling large volume of data and providing business solutions to major retailers and manufacturers
- Strong working experience in Oracle 9i/10G/11G, PL/SQL and DB2 9.x Programming.
- Experienced as an Onsite lead handling onsite-offshore hand over-take over and managing a team of 3 at onshore and 20 at offshore.
- 2+ years of experience in IBM Data stage 7.5 and 8.1. Involved in migration of jobs from 7.5 to 8.1 and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in migrating data from on premises Netezza to snowflake.
- 3 years of experience as DB2 Administrator.
- Involved in full life cycle of development, implementation, administration and support of large scale data warehouse building process
- Experienced in scheduling tools such as ControlM, process automation and cycle time reduction.
- Experienced in Scrum based agile methodology. Expertise in other SDLC methodologies like Waterfall model. Experienced in conducting and participating in JAD sessions as well. Handled an agile team as product owner for 33 two weeks sprints and ensured defect free delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experienced in presenting IT business presentations showcasing application features to new clients.
- Experienced in designing and deploying processes across groups and work with Quality Assurance and customer support.
- Highly adaptive to a fast paced team environment, solved numerous production defects, severity 1 tickets and critical data quality issues.
Database skills: Netezza, Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2
Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, RedShift
ETL Tools: Data Stage 7.5/8.1
Scripting Language: shell scripting - ksh & sh
Domain: Retail Domain, Market research
Scheduling Tools: ControlM, Tibco
Operating System: UNIX, Windows
Special Software: Win SCP, SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer, Aginity, DB visualizer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Onshore Project Tech lead - Production Control
- Working with business users to understand the complexities involved in delivering 170 plus clients on a weekly basis in terms of performance, capacity planning and customized requirements.
- Analyzing the impacts on existing system to implement revenue generating new business scenarios and requirements.
- Working with architects to convert business requirements into high level designs and prepare low level designs.
- Identifying scope for performance improvement in Netezza and PL/SQL queries in the application and preparing the implementation plan for the same.
- Expertise as a Quality SPOC, Design reviewer - worked with other teams to audit the development efforts and tasks by them
- Working on cycle time reduction in the application.
- Involved in planning deployment of code fixes in SQA, Assembly and in production environments.
- Design discussions with testing team to assist their test scenarios.
- Knowledge transfer to new comers, handling onshore-offshore co-ordination and conducting brain-storming sessions with team on requirement, design and development strategies and track timelines.
- Migrating data from on premises Netezza to snowflake.
Confidential, Schaumburg, Illinois
Production Support and Enhancements lead
- Involved in scripting and developed NZPLSQL procedures, during development phase.
- Developed Cron jobs and added file watchers to automate the application to run round the clock, with very less user monitoring.
- Worked with various teams to implement change requests by the customer after initial release.
- Provided solutions to Customers during issues related to deliverables pertaining to output file formats and capacity.
- Implemented Gather stats within the code to improve performance in extracting the data from Netezza database.
- Worked with other teams in order to provide technical assistance during severity incidents, pertaining to extract deliverable.
- Analyze all business processes and ensure compliance to all controlled processes according to business requirement.
- Worked closely with production operations teams to streamline production processes, and to provide analysis/diagnosis of production data issues.
New client addition team lead
- Worked with business analysts from requirement gathering phase, data model design, prepare HLD and LLDs and in development.
- Worked with various teams on capacity planning, handling performance slowness, and data cleansing activities as this is an integrated platform, handling large volume of data.
- Involving in data-stage development - creating sequential jobs which loads the large flat files to temporary tables, remove duplicates, keying and loading into stage tables.
- Expertise on critical issues post production and fixing them and also in providing business solutions to restore the services as per client requirement there by reducing severity incidents
- Emerged as a Subject Matter Expert on end to end process.
- Front runner in various discussions and provided recommendation on changes that can be done in the existing system in the future releases to provide a simple, but power business solution.
- Expertise in handling large volume of data, data maintenance, data loading and data validation.
- Full Knowledge transition from the previous vendor includes 1 month of KT, 1 month of Secondary Support from previous vendor location and 1 month of Primary Support.
- Worked on data partitioned environment.
- Developing & maintaining naming standards for database objects such as table spaces, tables, indexes & views.
- Create instances and databases with appropriate initialization parameters and database structures.
- Monitored Databases using Database monitors, snapshot monitoring, db2top, db2pd
- Query tuning using db2advis, db2exfmt, db2explain.
- Identifying long running queries and locks to avoid database performance degrade.
- Worked with export, import, load utilities to manage table data.
- Worked on partitioned tables - attach, detach and maintaining the table partitions.
- Maintenance activities such as RUNSTATS, REORG to enhance the application performance.
- Granting various authorizations to different users.
- Coordinating with the application team for query optimization.
- Proactive monitoring of application team jobs.
- Scheduling jobs in the crontab.
- Experience in working with third party tool like TSM, Cacti, ControlM Job Scheduler
- Collect information for client specific requirements
- Database Preassesment
- Verify NFS Mounting on source and target server for file sharing
- Verifying the port details of Source and Target Server
- Catalogue the Source and Target Server
- Creating Buffer pools and table spaces
- Creating database objects(Tables, indexes and views)
- Validating the source and target objects count
- Data migration using Import, Export and Load utilities
- Running Set Integrity and Run stats
- Validating source and target objects row count and data integrity
- Taking Online/Offline Backup