- I am very analytical and enjoy learning about and understanding each process that I am documenting in order to faithfully represent it in text.
- I enjoy collaboration, feedback, and learning new software as needed to produce the highest quality work that I can.
- I have excellent people skills, and I am quite capable of interacting with all levels of staff and management in a courteous and professional way.
- Professionally, I took a few years off from the business world in order to explore graduate study in Occupational Therapy, but I have decided to return to and hope to find career opportunities from which I can grow.
PRIMARY JOB SKILLS:
- Document analysis/creation Document revisions Document Control
- Project management ISO/GMP documentation Database Entry
- Technical Writing Interviewing
- Adobe In Design Adobe Photoshop Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Page Maker Microsoft Excel Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word Dreamweaver Microsoft Publisher
- HTML Adobe Captivate 5.5 *
- Exploring Adobe FrameMaker
Confidential, Worcester, MA
- I worked with faculty at Confidential in the maintenance of the Liberal Arts and Sciences Curriculum, and in streamlining their printed materials, website, and internal procedures.
Documentation Specialist / Business Analyst
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- I prepared and maintained documentation pertaining to procedures, user documentation, spec sheets, and manuals for a wide range of uses.
- I translated business specifications into user documentation.
- I planned, wrote, and maintained user supported documentation efforts, including ISO and electronic routing.
- I was responsible for coordinating the display of graphics within internal and external documents.
- I am familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Technical Writing field.
Senior Staff Writer
- I would research a variety of news stories through interviews, observation, library, and/or online resources.
- I worked with my editor to determine the tone and intended audience of story.
- I was required to Investigate and write a variety of short news stories.
- I understand commonly - used concepts, practices, and procedures within the journalism field.
- Meeting deadlines Page content reviews Draft revisions
- Story revision / criticism Project management Interviewing