- An accomplished senior - level analyst/programmer with more than 20 years of programming, testing, and implementation experience.
- Proficient in the use of DB2, SQL, COBOL, COBOL II, MS-ACCESS, VISUAL BASIC, PL/1, RPG, and IMS/DB.
- Direct rogramming experience using IBM-0S 390 mainframes with MVS/XA operating systems and command level CICS.
- Direct programming experience using MS Access and Visual Basic in developing applications.
- Highly successful in developing structured programs used in full life cycles.
- Proven success in enhancing, maintaining, and troubleshooting existing production systems.
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to develop systems to meet overall business objectives.
- Diplomatic in engaging with individuals and groups at a variety of levels and from wide-range of backgrounds.
- Possess a high degree of ethics with great communication and presentation skills.
- The technical team along with me supported the Mainframe Operations portion of the FAFSA contract with 24 hours technical support.
- Responsible for resolving application and system abends, which include resolving JCL errors as well as CICS and IMS DB abends.
- Abends were resolved by 8:00 am (daily) so the system can be available for production use. When not on-call time is spent on ad hoc projects.
- The ad hoc projects were new development or modifying existing applications using SDLC Methodology. In addition, responsible for developing and maintaining the client MS-Access databases and Visual Basic application programs which were used by Customer Service to assist students with their financial aid and student loans.
- Use MS-Excel to create daily, weekly, and monthly status reports; and troubleshoot clients HTML applications. Job Scheduler, COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, Easytrieve Plus, Visual Basic, Excel, Access, HTML in an IBM environment was used to support the FAFSA application.
- Project Leader on the Internal Revenue Service Y2K conversion project.
- Primary responsibility was the restructure of their 1099 tax master record layout.
- This included the expanding of date fields to accommodate the century. In addition, responsible for modifying appropriate programs and JCL job streams to ensure that there would be no system or program abends during production runs.
- The programming was performed using SAS, COBOL, COBOL II, PL/1, VSAM and Assembler in a MVS/XA environment.