- Solutions Architecture | Business Intelligence | Data Integration | Technical Management
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in leading, designing and delivering business intelligence and analytic solutions for Confidential 500 clients, including cloud and on - prem, targeted to help customers make better decisions, drive operational efficiencies and ultimately improve business revenue.
- An experienced and effective technical manager, working with both, onshore and offshore staff models, in all areas of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Worked extensively with all aspects of the delivery, including business requirements, high and low-level design documents, ETL and scripts development, data models, and configuration and deployment.
- Experience and broad-based skill set span numerous technologies applied in multiple industries, including state government, financial services (i.e. insurance and commercial banking), telecommunications, retail, and oil and gas industries.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (native Spanish speaker).
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server Oracle Teradata DB2/UDB Netezza IMS
Cloud: Microsoft Azure Cloud Amazon Web Services (AWS) Fundamentals
Big Data: Confidential BigInsights HADOOP Hive Cassandra HBase NoSQL Python Pig Sqoop
Data Integration/ETL: Microsoft SSIS Confidential InfoSphere (DataStage) Informatica Ab initio
Data Quality & Governance: Informatica IDQ, DG/AXON and EDC (Foundational)
BI Reporting: Microsoft SSRS Microsoft Power BI Tableau TIBCO Business Objects Cognos
Languages: SQL MS Script Unix Script MVS/ISPF
Methodologies: Waterfall Agile
Data Model tools: ERWin Data Modeler
Other: HPQC/Test Director Microsoft TFS JIRA Quest TOAD Embarcadero Autosys PVCS SourceSafe API XML OLAP/ROLAP XML
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Served as a Strategist, where led a current state assessment for client’s Enterprise Data Management landscape, focused in understanding existing technical capabilities, practices, standards in place, and pain points across this area. Produced a Current State Assessment report for Enterprise Data Management, where rated their maturity level across seven key areas (including Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Architecture, Data Retention & Archiving and Data Privacy & Security), and provided recommendations to address foundational issues, highlighting several quick wins that would bring immediate value, and position the client on a clear path to succeed with their EDM Vision and strategic goals.
- Served as Deployment Project Manager, responsible for driving deployment activities leading up to multiple go-lives of the Informatica Master Data Management (MDM) solution, working in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Managed and track deployment activities, which included, preparation and track of go live activities and maintaining project plan, managing and reporting outstanding issues/risks and defects raised.
- Produced weekly project status reports to client and Deloitte management, managed issues and risks impacting delivery of requirements in the project
- Served as a Lead Architect for the new Data Warehouse and Analytics cloud solution, supporting insurance client’ Finance and Accounting Modernization and Cloud Adoption program, targeted to deliver IFRS17 International Financial Reporting Standards requirements, effective Jan 2021. Collaborated with client Architects and Business Leads to define overall (end to end) target solution, including Data Quality framework and Semantic/Consumption Layer, supporting downstream data consumer applications. Solution delivered using Microsoft Azure Cloud technology, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Databricks.
- As part of the Maintenance and Operations (M&O) engagement for the States’ Department of Health Services (DHS), managed the Business Intelligence (BI) Team responsible for maintaining, operating and enhancing a large application portfolio, delivering mission critical Data Feeds, BI Reports and Dashboards supporting day to day activities at DHS. Project managed team activities and technical deliverables of (20) technical resources.
- Produced weekly and monthly project status reports to DHS and Deloitte management, managed issues and risks impacting delivery of requirements in the project.
- Designed future state target architecture, to support the Confidential 606 Revenue Recognition solution to meet new Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 606 requirements. Managed software development and work products produced by the technical team, including Technical Design documents, Source to Target Mapping documents, Data Quality Frameworks, Data Model, and Informatica job components.
- Project managed delivery of a team comprised of 10-20 onshore resources, including contractors and Deloitte consultants.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Define proposed future target solution architecture , which included key core components, including ETL/Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Warehouse repositories and Semantic Layer, and BI Reporting Layer.
- Led delivery of the following initiatives:
- Data Migration (i.e. Lift and Shift) from a SQL Server 2008 to Teradata DBMS
- Enterprise Data Warehouse implementation on Teradata DBMS (including ETL Solution to load Integrated Data Warehouse and Semantic Layer)
- Business Intelligence Reports Conversion (convert SQL Server SSRS Reports to MicroStrategy BI)
- In collaboration with client’s architects, developed overall (end-to-end) target solution architecture , and capabilities to support the process and integration of 60+ mission-critical source systems into a newly defined Tax & Accounting data warehouse and data marts. Partnered with PMO leadership, Architecture and Governance teams to define strategies for Data Quality Management, Data Privacy/PII and BI Security Access. The technology used in this project included Informatica, Oracle Exadata, and Business Objects.
- Serving as Solution Architect, supported pre-sales/proposal phase for a ($30MM) Big Data platform solution to address the growing needs for data analysis, as well as reporting and predictive analytics, for Government officials and managers at this city.
- Delivered proposal for a Big Data platform, to support the acquisition and integration of structured and unstructured data from multiple sources and departments, with the goal to enable city users to improve their operations, while concurrently providing better service to the City and its citizens.
- Managed software development and related work products produced by the development team, consisting of 40+ onshore and offshore members, targeted to implement client’s future state Data Warehouse and BI analytical reporting solution, geared to support the consolidation and integration of various company’s mission-critical source systems into a newly defined corporate data warehouse and data marts, as well as corporate-level reports, dashboards, and advanced analytics. Led technical and readiness assessment to mission-critical Data Warehouse and applications , including its Big Data/Hadoop Data Discovery system. Leveraged industry best practices for reference architecture, conducted interviews and workshops to gather current state capabilities and maturity level, and produced executive report documenting findings, gaps and recommendations for each of these Data Warehouses and applications. Produced and presented weekly and monthly project status reports to management, managed issues and risks impacting the project. Partnered with Architecture and Data Governance to define strategies for Data Quality Management and Master Reference Data, and alignment with defined Enterprise Data Governance policies and standards. The technology used in this project included Netezza, IIS DataStage and TIBCO Spotfire.
- Served as the Solution Architecture where defined client’s future state EDW/BI Architecture.
- Produced conceptual architecture, defining the key components of the solution (business, architecture, organization), leveraging best industry architecture practices.
- Supported the pre-sales/proposal phase of this ($3MM) project, working with a small team to develop proposed solution, statement of work/contract, and effort estimation.
- Managed software development and related work products produced by the Data Integration team, including Data Integration software development and related work products produced by our team Data Model, Data Mapping, and BI Architecture. Proposed strategy to deliver Financial Data to the client’s data warehouse (including a Data Quality framework), leveraging SAP BW accelerators (versus SAP R3 operational data) to reduce complexities and development time in delivering this data to the Data Warehouse. Partnered with PMO leadership, Architecture and Data Governance to define strategies for Data Quality Management and Data Privacy/PII strategy, and alignment with defined Enterprise Data Governance policies and standards. Produced and presented weekly and monthly project status reports to management, managed issues and risks impacting the project. The technology used in this project included DB2, IIS DataStage and Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- Served as the Workstream Technical Lead to conduct a readiness assessment against the reporting specifications, and produce an executive report summarizing findings, along with set of recommendations to improve current practices to produce these reports. Led interviews, and reviewed reports specifications for identified BI Reports, as well as SDLC practices in place supporting these reporting efforts.
- Served as a Data Integration (DI) Architect, leading a key organizational initiative to define a comprehensive Data Integration and Information Delivery platform. Defined the DI Reference Architecture, ingesting DI best practices, and enabling standard processes and artifacts, to efficiently support data capture/acquisition, qualification, transformation, movement, and publish of data into/from the company’s data warehouse. Defined a series of DI re-usable components, including: Technical Data Quality, Change Data Capture (CDC), Surrogate Key (SK) Generation, ABCs (Audit, Balance and Controls, DB Load Strategy, Error/Exception Handling, Duplicate Keys Handling, and Job Failure and Recovery.
- Served as the DI Architect and BI Manager responsible to implement and deploy Confidential ’s Banking Data Warehouse Model (BDWM), with the following key goals for client’s Integrated Consumer Data Warehouse Organization (ICDW), which included:
- Reduce the complexity of information systems through: Rationalizing analytical systems and platforms, move existing information systems into a single environment, reduce data redundancy, standardize data management, Improving data quality and access controls.
- Build new analytical capabilities to enable JPMC lines of business to drive competitive advantage through more efficient use of client’s information assets.
- Deploy a less complex, fully integrated data reference model to enable cross-customer and product-domain analytics, and Implementing Informatica Data Integration (leveraging Pushdown Technology)
- Partnered closely and extensively with stakeholders, architects, leadership and subject matter experts, and defined and implement following key capabilities for the organization
- BI guiding principles in ICDW, focusing on Design and Development standards to be adopted under every project release in ICDW.
- ICDW Audit Model and a technical solution supporting Audit Controls in ICDW.
- Partnered with client’s Data Governance group to define and solution process to effectively handle and integrate new Certified Classification values into the ICDW, and defined Enterprise Data Governance policies and standards.
- A standard Data Quality Framework for Technical and Business Data Quality (i.e. TDQs & BDQs), and mechanisms that are tightly coupled with Data Integration processes around data quality.
- Performed project management activities for a technical team of 30+ onshore and offshore resources, including estimating work efforts, producing and presenting weekly and monthly project status report to the client, managing/reporting on issues and risks impacting the project. As part of the Proposal phase in this project, produced technical content in the Statement of Work, for the proposed solution
- Served as the DI Architect and Technical Project Manager with the responsibility to implement and deploy ($10MM) Confidential ’s Banking Data Warehouse Model (BDWM) to provide bank with an end-to-end Customer view, and BI reporting capabilities. Managed software development and related work products produced by a team consisting of 30+ onshore and offshore members. Led the implementation and deployment of the Data Integration Solution, covering multiple Lines of Businesses (LOBs) within the bank, including: Customer, Mortgage, Deposits and Credit Card information; processing information from 30+ source systems across these LOBs. The technology used in this project included IIS DataStage ETL jobs, Unix, Stored Procedure and Teradata technologies.
- Served as the BI Manager responsible for the development and implementation of the Credit Risk Management and Basel II Business Intelligence/Data Warehouses for this client. Managed the implementation effort of several Program Change Requests (PCR’s) to integrate new source systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse to enhance its capabilities for additional credit risk reporting (e.g. Moody Risk Analyzer/MRA, Obligor information). As part of the daily activities, he was involved in multiple areas of the implementation, including: Project Management, Technical Requirements, User Acceptance Test (UAT), Data Source Analysis and ETL Design. Interacted and worked directly with Senior Management level and Subject Matter Experts in specific lines of business. The technology used in this project included Ab initio (ETL Tool), DB2 UDB DBMS, SQL Server DBMS, Unix and Erwin. Performed project management activities, including estimating work efforts, producing and presenting weekly and monthly project status report to the client, managing/reporting on issues and risks impacting the project.
- Served as a Business Analyst and DI Lead, responsible for developing the business requirements for a new Credit Risk MIS reporting database for the North American retail lending holding company of a large multi-national bank via the implementation of the Risk Management Data Mart.
- Led interviews with Corporate Credit Management to procure Business Intelligence/reporting requirements as well as interviews with 12 business unit and 3 corporate finance entities to source account level data and document logical business rules and physical transformations to create approximately 130 risk measures for storage in the database. Performed project management activities, including estimating work efforts, producing and presenting weekly and monthly project status report to the client, managing/reporting on issues and risks impacting the project.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Served as the Technical Manager in the analysis of data sources and the development of High level and Low-level design documents to support mission-critical interfaces between multiple transactional systems (i.e. VISA, MasterCard and others) and the newly acquired Card and Merchant System, CAMS II, by this client.
- Managed software development and related work products of the technical team, in the implementation of multiple Campaign Management Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse projects leveraging Confidential Unica. Team was responsible for the design, development and implementation of extraction and interfaces, transformations and load into the data warehouse. Performed project management activities, including estimating work efforts, producing and presenting weekly and monthly project status report to the client, managing/reporting on issues and risks impacting the project. As part of the Proposal phase in this ($6MM) project, produced technical content in the Statement of Work, for the proposed solution. The technology used in this project included Oracle scripts, PL/SQL, NCR/Teradata, Ab initio software, HP’ Unix and Korn shell scripts.
- Successfully designed, code, tested and implemented all ETL processes to create and load the Operational Data Store and Data Mart (DM) for a major Re-Insurance client. The Data Mart has the purpose of providing multiple executive management and business reporting analysis.
- Successfully designed, coded and tested all negotiated G/L Interfaces for a major financial client (U.S. and Bermuda based) as part of the ExpressPac' PeopleSoft G/L and A/P implementation. By means of negotiating specific design standards to be followed by both U.S. and Bermuda based companies, the team achieved to deliver a system that is as modular and reusable for (near) future Interfaces. The development was accomplished by using Informatica PowerMart as the ETL tool (while using Oracle 8i as the RDBMS platform). Delivered a training session to leverage the client on the new system and acted as the Technical lead for the implementation while managing daily activities of one senior level Consultant.
- Served as a DI Technical Manager in the analysis of data sources and the development of High level and Low-level design documents to support mission-critical interfaces between multiple transactional systems and the newly acquired Card and Merchant System by Confidential .
- Led the technical team composed of a mix of Senior and seasoned developers, through the development, test, implementation and migration of the ETL code.
- Worked as a hands-on developer in the development and implementation of 50+ processes that Interfaces with numerous sources, including those from the Campaign Management tool--Unica as well as other internal (Teradata) Account Management tables owned by Users.
- The implementation was performed using multiple technologies, including: Oracle scripts, PL/SQL, NCR/Teradata, Ab initio software, HP’ Unix and Korn shell scripts.