IT INFRASTRUCTURE with deep experience in enterprise class systems for servers, storage, and networks. For data centers, telecom, installations, upgrades, monitoring, provisioning, consolidations, OEM.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Unix/Linux Distributed Storage Networking
Clustering Virtualization Backups
Patching Event Management Cloud
Servers: AWS EC2 Cloud. HP Integrity. IBM Power Systems. Oracle Sparc Server, Windows.
Performance: HP Perf Caliper, HP Open view. IBM HACMP, PERF ToolboxNMON, LPAR tools. DTrace. Veritas Cluster. Kerberos, RBAC, ssh, sudo.
Utilities: Chef, Ignite, Nagios, Networker, NIM, Puppet, Splunk, Tivoli.
Languages: PL/SQL. PERL. UNIX/Linux shells.
Storage: AWS S3 Cloud, HP - 3PAR, Hitachi-USP, IBM DS4000/8000, 9000.
Network: AWS Rte. 53 Cloud. Brocade VDX, Cisco 9000, ESCON, FICON, FDDISAN, Switched Fabric DNS, DHCP, ICMP, NFS, TCP/UDP.
BUSINESS SKILLS: Conference calls. Change Management. Technical Presentations. SOW/RFP process.Microsoft Office, Project. Google Docs, Sheets, Slides. Planview. SAP.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST
- Provide technical support for client’s equipment in Oracle/Linux environment to resolve critical infrastructure incidents and problems
- Provide documentation on daily activities for technical support internally, vendors and service providers.
- Install required software updates as needed.
- Use vendor and open source tools for problem determination, configuration, and installs.
- Custom configuration for telematics system for client’s customer.
- Enable better driving behavior from client’s employees through monitoring and data feedback.
- Client track driver’s routes in near real time
- Feasibility study to determine cost effectiveness for equipment acquisition and employee .
- Inventory employee current skills to identify skill gaps
- Evaluate various means of acquisition.
- Survey Systems Engineers for current responsibilities, time allocation, skill levels.
- Developed FTE metrics for rate cards, and service catalogue for steady state and project tasks.
- Proposed new policy for patch management process for steady state.
- Evaluated IT vendor contracts and processes for new efficiencies.
- Analyzed MAM discovery tool results for accuracy for different configurations.
- Evaluated Sitescope monitoring tool for future scalability.
- Assessed UNIX vendor solutions for SAP clustering, virtualization and disaster recovery.
- Evaluated current vendor UNIX systems for Linux migrations. Assembled VIO server manual for support personnel.
- Interfaced with IT vendors for contracts, RFP’s, and roadmaps.
- Advised IT and business users in common data center policies and procedures.
- Instructed and tutored users on business software.
- Advised users on the best configuration for personal computing devices.
- Researched material for book on academic, corporate, and government public policy and their economic consequences.
- Installed NMON, LPARmon performance tools, cfg2html data collector
- Researched and upgraded microcode for P-System, and research HMC imaging on laptop with third party vendor.
- Researched and configured remote printing for DELL and Zebra Bar Code printers.
- Responded to SAP basis requests for system resources and configuration.
- Researched HP-UX issues for Company Architecture team.
- Vendor liaison to IBM, HP, Akibia, HDS.
- Provide 24X7 infrastructure Level 3 support.
- IBM & HP UNIX Server Systems courses.
- Provide technical consulting to Confidential Labs for new product deployment of Netra integration projects in OEM telco group.
- Aligned client’s processes from proprietary to COTS open systems to fit new business model.
- Aligned clients technical processes to meet Oracle OEM processes into one seamless process.
- Designed and implemented new plan for clients FMS implementation and technical support group.
- Improved architecture for mirroring and HA configurations.
- Assisted in compliance with DoD 5200.28 (Orange Book), Telcordia GR-815-CORE security standards.
- Researched and recommended KERBEROS Security.
- Evaluated configurations, recommended Oracle Jumpstart server for factory O/S installation process.
- Improved gold disk and patch management processes.
- Managed Hardware/Software defects escalations, recommended proactive processes at meetings and seminars for new SUN products and services.
- Coordinated independent activity for NEB’s 3 process.
- Participated and conducted weekly account meetings.
- Worked with account team to develop RFPs for Confidential RFPs.
- Gave technical presentations on Oracle products and services.
- Enterprise SP2 frames running all high nodes in an AIX/PSSP/HACMP clustered environment for SSA disk storage and tape backup
- Stabilized system from unnecessary failovers.
- Performed all recommended enhancements to improve the RAS of complex.
- Researched and recommended changes and upgrades to improve the performance and capability of SP2 system.
- Technical consultant for an outside business unit for Oracle Enterprise E10K cluster implementation.
- Wrote technical documentation for operations for nightly backups.
- Gathered requirements and technical data for disaster recovery plans for Sungard.
- Represented UNIX group at change management meetings.
- Provide 24X7 infrastructure Level 3 support.
- Provided consulting and UNIX administration enterprise server in data center environment.
- Planned and implemented hardware and software for IBM P-System and SUN SMP servers.
- Implemented infrastructure for data warehousing project using ESCON for data mart to MF connectivity.
- Performed AIX kernel and network tuning to optimize Informatica ETL tool and IBM UDB for maximum throughput of the P Series and MF systems.
- Improved tape backup operation process.
- Trained company employees in UNIX server administration.
- Supported nightly backup systems using IBM Tivoli sysback, Legato Networker, and StorageTek acsls.
- Supported Oracle Financials and Planview systems.
- Gathered requirements and technical data for disaster recovery plans.
- Represented all UNIX operation at weekly change management meeting.
- Provided HP-UX administration for desktop and enterprise servers for operations research group.
- Installed desktop and server systems for the department.
- Restored crashed systems, setup backups for workgroups; prepare systems for HP Openview installation.
- Provided network troubleshooting for NOC. Maintain Windows NT systems.