- Highly skilled, experienced, qualified, Independent Data Management / Data Solution Architect, with wide and deep skills gained in the fast - paced data driven environments
- Energetic and enthusiastic individual, with good communication skills, committed to delivering results through process improvements that realise cost savings, increase efficiency and improve capabilities.
- Senior IT Professional 15+ years of experience in Data Management, Experienced in Business Intelligence & Data warehouse Development, DB Development & Administration, Data Modelling and Data Architecture
- Experienced working with transformation projects, multi-terabyte RDBMS systems (VLDB) with thousands of transactions per second and complex environment involving over 1200 ETL data sets
- Conceptual, logical and Physical design, design techniques such as Snowflake schemas, Star schema, fact and dimension tables
- Experienced in Business Requirements Gathering, GAP Analysis, Data Modelling, Data Analysis, Development,
- Testing, Implementations and Documentations of Data Warehouse deployments, project management, organizational skills.
- Designing enterprise data management strategies and standards
- Full software development life cycle experience, exposure to Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all level’s, Interpersonal skills, ability to plan, prioritize and meet tight deadlines/budget constraints, positive and can deliver attitude.
- Stakeholder management, business acumen, exceptional problem solving and investigation skills. Adaptive and able to quickly hit the ground running to meet the needs of the fast moving and continually evolving IT sector.
- Experienced in working collaboratively with remote team and telecommuting / WFH, working independently with minimal supervision under own initiative and deadlines.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND TOOLKIT:
Platform: Windows, Unix /Linux/HP UX
DB: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MS Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Ingres DB
BI & Reporting: BIDS SSR SSAS, SSAS, Qlik Sense, QlikView, Microsoft Visual Studio, Oracle Discoverer, Power BI, Excel, OBIEE
Language: SQL, PLSQL, T-SQL, Unix Shell scripting, PowerShell, VB,ASP, C++, java
Design & Modelling: ERwin, Sparx Enterprise Architect EA, UML, Oracle Designer, ER Studio, Visio
Other: GDPR, Azure, Data Replication, VMware, OOM, UML, VBA, Subversion, SSADM, Reference data, Data management, SharePoint, OLAP, SSMS, Grid Control, Data integration, TOGAF / Zachman Framework, Data governance
TV Repair Technician
- Diagnosed and replaced faulty TV parts for local TV shop while studying for MBA (upskilling)
- Provided customer service and delivered TV’s to customers across Tayside and Fife
- De assembled broken TV’s
SQL Data warehouse DBA / BI Developer Azure
- Worked on DW enhancement initiatives to provide management with data and information to enhance decision-making. Developing, administration and support of the finance Data Warehouse and SQL BI stack
- Communicated with customers and managers of departments to define business intelligence requirements and then lead initiatives to deliver solutions accordingly
- Developed DW scripts for reporting and provided complex data extracts for HMRC and FCA
- Documented Data warehouse and ETL setup, Supported SQL Data warehouse ETL / SSIS, SSAS, Qlik sense.
- Assisting with troubleshooting of OLTP OLAP DW / ETL / data feed related issues.
- Provided “level 3 support” which includes development of minor/major enhancements, defect fixes and provide work around to business problems
Oracle Consultant SME
- Working on large transformation project, defined migration approach and migrated database backup for hundreds of database servers to EMC Data Domain.
- Worked closely with EMC consultants and Confidential team to identify and solve technical challenges as part of complex transformation project while working from home based office / WFH
- Conducted data discovery and data collection in a complex banking environment
- Gathered business requirement, held discussions with technical and non-technical users to gather input, documented requirements, translated business requirements into data model.
- Produced Conceptual, logical and Physical data model for purpose of migrating finance application from Ms Access to SQL server
- Providing database consultancy support and subject matter expertise, working with client to understand challenges
- Carried out database schema changes. Acted as project DBA for projects such as current account switching.
- Provided leadership to client’s DBA ensuring that they are set up for success and are able to deliver exceptional result
- Investigated performance issues affecting critical banking systems. Carried out root cause analysis RCA.
- Provided onsite and remote DBA services
- Documentation of routine database maintenance tasks, automation and scripting the procedures, training client’s employee on carrying out database maintenance tasks and monitoring
- Capacity planning for databases and development of NAGIOS plugin for monitoring oracle environment
- Implemented Change Data Capture CDC, performance tuned multi-terabyte DWH.
- Developed complex Unix shell scripts to automate data archiving strategy
- Supported of high throughput Oracle system (1200 transactions per second, 800GB daily redo generation) and complex environment involving RAC, Golden Gate.
- Implementation of Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM) and 12c Cloud, worked with DBAs across the globe (follow the sun model) to maximize database efficiency, reduce support cost, increase productivity and exceed SLAs at all times.
DevOps DBA / Data Architect
- Advised Architecture and Development team on ETL architecture and performance
- Design and implementation of Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA)
- Contributed toward long term strategic vision and implementation of development roadmap. reviewed and contributed toward architecture artifact
- Migrated Sparx Enterprise Architect repository to oracle 11g
- Worked with Chief Solution Architect to investigate performance issues relating to data modeling in VLDB environment used to host Vision360 system used by NHS A&E department.
- Reviewed ETL process, data model and underlying technology and configuration to identify bottleneck and suggested necessary changes to improve ETL performance.
- Design data replication using Oracle Streams
- Generated PL/SQL script for purpose of ETL process monitoring, created tools and solutions to manage and monitor rapidly growing databases used to receive messages from hundreds of GP practices.
- Managed all routine DBA tasks i.e. Security Management, Database Modelling, Database Migration, Database Performance tuning, Release management and support, Database Maintenance, Production Support, Backup and Recovery, Planning, setting up and monitoring Replication.
Oracle DBA / APEX Architect
- Installed, Configured Oracle Application express, developed bespoke MI dashboard in APEX.
- Created PL/SQL procedures to call from Oracle APEX, trained Junior developer on Apex and helped company adopting Apex technology.
- Produced shell scripts for release management to automate database schema changes and backout process.
- Enhanced existing data model, developed version control application used to keep track of different schemas, latest changes and database growth.
- Worked as part of large and strong DBA team with over 100 year of Database experience between us and supported Dev/Test, UAT, Pre prod and Production systems. Supported High availability systems (RAC, Data guard, and stream / data guard. attended annual DR Day and recovered systems.
- Managed RAC/SAN Migration project, 64 to 32-bit downgrade to save on oracle licensing costs
- Day to day administration of Oracle 8i-11g standalone and RAC/VERITAS clusters on various platforms including UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Sun Solaris.
- Performed data analysis & cleansing task on NFI data set fraud prevention strategy used to retrospectively identify fraud and overpayments totaling over £1.17 billion)
- Conducted data quality checks, worked with over 1300 local authorities to ensure consistency & quality
- Developed complex scripts for data validation, cleansing, quality checking & de-duplicating.