Network Administration and Desktop Support in a Windows environment; deploying, installing, upgrading, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting servers and workstations. Occasional travel to other sites to maximize exposure to different clients, environments and meet unique challenges.
Spanish speaking experience, Certified personal trainer (ACE), former lifeguard & Aquatic Operator, horseback riding, skiing
Dell, Laptops/Docking Stations/Desktops
VPN/ Nortel Extranet Access Client/Cable & Wireless Dialer Software
RSA SecurID Software
Network Admin/Desktop Support
- Installation, troubleshooting and support network issues for office relocations. Disconnecting PC's/cables/hardware from current client offices, reconnecting and troubleshooting connectivity, network switch closet connections for new office sites.
- Establishing and verifying LAN connectivity, post - move network support for clients.
- Support issues include LAN connectivity, email, local and network printing, ergonomic requirements, correct Cisco switch connections/configurations.
- Configuring and modifying TCP/IP addresses, subnet masks and default gateways of network printers.
ConfidentialNetwork Admin/Desktop Support
- Installation and configuration of remote dial-up access for laptop users to access the corporate network.
- Requires installation and configuration of dial-up software, local ISP service and ISP to corporate network connectivity.
- Tier II help desk network support for local and remote field clients.
- Off site installations and support for remote field clients.
ConfidentialNetwork Admin/Desktop Support
- Transferring data from old to new PC, configuring email system on new PC, installation of applications/operating system/hardware drivers, determining and configuring TCP/IP LAN segments, troubleshooting and support for initial software and hardware issues.
- Interviewing clients for inventory of hardware and software specifications of their computers.
- Submit analysis reports for Profile Coordinator and other rollout installers.
- Installation and Tier II help desk support/troubleshooting of new PC's for remote field clients
- Baseload preparations for special load PC's entailing application, hardware and Confidential configurations, migration of Lotus Notes 4.5 to Lotus Notes 5.0/Outlook to Lotus Notes 5.0, setup of loaner PC's with standard loads for temporary use during conversion of old PC to new PC, phone support to remote clients, inventory management of baseloaded, loaner and former client PC's.
- Traveling to remote locations to train and support clients on use of primary and loaner PC's, collection, inventory and shipment of old PC's to Confidential headquarters for rollout.
- Experimental testing with Windows 2000 in a stand-alone environment.
Network Admin Intern
- Support for integrating and administering NT network. Installing, configuring and supporting NT Server 4.0 as PDC, BDC, and member server and creating trust relationships.
- Configuring and supporting users in NT Workstation 4.0, NT Server 4.0 and Windows in a Microsoft networking environment.
- Assisting in managing NT Domain multi-user architecture, administering local and global user accounts and file and print sharing processes.
- Creating and managing local and roaming user profiles and system policies.
- Installing and configuring Client Service for NetWare on NT Workstation 4.0 and Gateway Service for NetWare and Migration Tools for NetWare on NT Server 4.0.
- Configuring local and network physical and logical printers.
- Troubleshooting various problems including installation failures, boot failures, restoring registry, printer problems, connectivity problems and resource access and permission problems.
Software Distribution Manager
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Co-managed and operated computer software mail order business which included processing and distributing software programs to clientele worldwide.
- Maintained software distribution inventory, responded to client information inquires and provided user software support.
- Organized sales income prior to forwarding to the company’s president.
- Maintained personal payroll records.
- Recruited, interviewed, hired, trained and supervised aquatic personnel.
- Assigned responsibilities, evaluated performance.
- Maintained staff hours within budgeted range.
- Encouraged feedback from staff regarding job related opinions.
- Maintained staff work schedules and meetings.
- Computed daily reports entailing statistical data such as gross, cash percentages, quotas and projections for the corporate branch and individual sales representatives and the corporation. Calculated and maintained daily and comprehensive sales journal for sales representatives and the corporation.
- Compiled daily and cumulative reports, which described the success of various promotional campaigns, the sources of customer referrals, client volume, contract classification and contract payment procedures.
- Continuously modified record keeping procedures to increase company efficiency and statistical accuracy.