PMP and SAFe certified, agile and result driven, Information Technology Project Manager and Scrum Master with over 10 years of progressive experience in evolved gaming, hospitality, corporate, and technology projects. IT technical and business requirements spanning from construction to software development. Included but not limited to, compliance program strategies, product, hardware and network implementations, and custom software development. Building trust and transparency across cross - functional teams to empower their expertise, gauge and mitigate risk, and confront opportunity to be on-schedule and on-budget committing to the expectations agreed upon.
Information Technology, Class II & III Tribal Gaming, Hotels, Parks & Resorts, Food Service & Travel Hospitality, Sporting Venues, Specialty Retail, Aviation and Department of Defense Manufacturing
Vendor and Relationship Management
IT Infrastructure Design
Earned Value Management
Forecasting and Budgeting
Information Technology Specialist, Application Software
- Acting Scrum Master to champion departmental shift to agile methodologies and transformation.
- Coaching the team in agile vernacular, practices and ceremonies, and development of breaking bodies of work into user stories and tasks, acceptance criteria, to commit our capacity to two-week sprints in preparation of system demo’s with PO and PM, business users and owners to adjust and adapt between development and business requirements and feedback.
- Contracted to support rehosting of legacy, in-flight, credit management loan processing system. Its decommissioning and extraction of a resource management module to be a fully redeveloped and supported solution by our agency DevOps team replicating 1:1 functionality plus 508 compliance, modernizing UI/UX and business processes.
- Track and escalate issues, risks, and trends of interdependencies and external constraints to support an effort and project of this magnitude saving the agency $12M/ annually. Mitigate and plan appropriately to adequately represent and articulate project status to justify the request for external resources and timelines.
- Facilitating and planning of a historical Oracle database conversion to the agencies SQL structures and schema to validate transformation of data and reporting to plan for conversion execution sustaining new and historical employee record management.
- Quickly identified gaps between business and technical requirements. Recognized current path team was on would essentially divorce the relationships or data schema’s supporting and reporting specific disasters, loans, resources, and its payroll system. Currently in process of mitigating its risk and its strategy to sustain 1:1 functionality from legacy to proposed solution.
- Responsible for establishing the departments Information Technology Environment Framework with masked lower environments protecting PII and supporting a SDLC, our scrum team developers and first-time QA team, to strengthen UAT practices of quality and reduced production risk to successfully perform release management by implementing its first pipeline and branching strategy.
- Responsible for establishing an intake process utilizing Azure DevOps (ADO) to support production hot-fixes and on-demand features enhancements supporting our countries response to Covid-19, disaster victim relief and support of EIDL and PPP loans with the ability to provide status reports to Capitol Hill.
Enterprise Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Utilized Azure DevOps (ADO) for team visibility, transparency, reporting and agile ceremonies to establish a cadence of scrum practices and techniques are coached, practiced, and followed. Empower cross-functional teams to self-organize, practice servant-leadership, and to allow me to champion team constraints, blockers, impediments, and interdependencies. Protect the local, global, and offshore team’s capacity and commitment within two-week sprints from unprioritized work or pet projects.
- Planning and analytics to migrate over 15k Global Exchange Online (MS365) accounts from on-premise infrastructure in 5 data centers, across 30 countries, over 300 business rules, complex environments to Microsoft's SaaS dual tenant, multi-geo hybrid solution shifting support, maintenance, and liability. Leveraging SAFe methodologies, ADO, and Excel for its precise planning and communication for a seamless end-user experience.
- Final Lotus Domino server decommissioning. A Program that took over six years to complete, my role was to take the program over the finish line removing the technical debt and risk of production failures of unsupported software and legacy hardware. The managed scope with a global team was to identify, analyze its need, document, and repoint 1400 SMTP mail dependencies, including applications and servers across the enterprise to validate all SMTP activity has seized to plan for its final decommissioning and removal shifting FTE’s to focus on modern technologies, future innovation and delivering business-driven solutions and services.
- Migration of mainframe from local datacenter and rehosted to a managed service provider reducing support and maintenance costs and risk reduction of addressing organizational challenges maintaining a legacy mainframe, its applications, and complex interfaces. Fully managed using project risk management processes and mitigation strategies to successfully stay on schedule and budget as planned sustaining $3B annual revenue.
- Hard-pressed deadlines to remediate and refactor security controls over 200 proprietary Java, .Net, and COTS applications and its UAT to comply under NIST federal security compliance regulations and sustain business negotiations with government entities and contract bids leveraging Azure DevOps (ADO) and coaching and implementing agile culture and adoption.
Senior Project Manager, Information Technology
- Partner with executives and sponsors identifying requirements to lead technology teams and stakeholders to desired results.
- Strengthened relationships within information security teams and our regulators to gain working knowledge of security policies and regulations establishing robust project plans through identification of tasks, sequence of work activities, negotiation of durations and timelines, and its testing to strategically build comprehensive milestones.
- Carefully monitor and engage in all level of detail to identify potential delays and or risks to mitigate and communicate effectively.
- The two-story expansion of the existing casino, adding approximately 28,500 square feet of space on each of two levels. Collaborating with construction teams and subcontractors, navigating thru any onsite concerns to overcome unknowns, sustain productivity to stay on schedule and meet milestones building its expanded infrastructure and backend to support two new upscale restaurants, over 500 new slot machines, expansion of its table games, access control, and a new administrative wing with new AV technologies.
- Strategizing a PCI Compliance Program with Information Security department, IT functional departments, and within the organization to proactively protect patron credit card data and prevent any outside threat from breaching our network.
- Managing many application upgrades to latest versions supporting EMV capabilities to shift the risk and liability to 3rd party vendors, implementing a host of security tools, etc in efforts to meet guidelines within the PCI-DSS to self-attest continuing and protecting the acceptance of credit cards within our environment safely and securely.
Project and Relationship Manager, Information Technology
- Successfully started as a level I Project Manager and after six months of employment my skills, dedication, and tenacity promoted me, I was delegated larger scale projects incumbent of $1M budgets.
- Larger scope projects included but not limited to overall hardware replacements, property acquisitions and expansions, and support of implementing tier 1 merchant PCI compliant standards .
- Part of a first phase three-year program to completely revitalize LAX airport’s concessions program and its modernization effort.
- The food-beverage focus was putting “the L.A. back into LAX” by reflecting the best of Los Angeles diverse cuisine, culture and lifestyle by converting non-dining outlets into Confidential by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto in Terminal 5 and Wolfgang Puck Express in Terminal 7, L.A.’s famed Farmers Market and two Coffee Bean locations.
- My strengths in building relationships and negotiations with the operations department of the City of Los Angeles allowed Delaware North to be the first concessionaire to implement a fiber backbone throughout the terminals supporting our team to build a consolidated infrastructure supporting enterprise architecture reducing overall costs, time, scheduling, support and maintenance.
- Upgrading and replacement of legacy technology at PETCO Park, San Diego Padres (MLB) with the capacity to thrive under pressure, tight deadlines, and work with highly passionate teams across broad technical and business acumens to be ready to support opening day of baseball and crowds of approximately 40k. Scope included but not limited to implementing PCI Compliant controls, legacy PC, server and switch replacement, POS and DB purge and upgrade, and its wireless infrastructure.