Looking for a challenging position in the Hazardous materials, warehousing, and planning fields that will allow me to expand my knowledge base.
Confidential, Socorro, NM
Program Planner/Inventory Lead/Logistics Specialist
- Maintain EH&S, State, Federal, DOT, DOD, and ATF regulatory requirements.
- Conduct daily operations of explosive/hazardous materials throughout the facility. Versed in DOD and ATF storage/compatability requirements.
- Process all hazardous shipping and receiving functions for the facility.
- Consistently provide training for fellow employees on hazardous shipping & receiving functions.
- Certified in both 49 CFR and IATA/ICAO regulations.
- Develop and maintain metrics on explosive inventories, cycle counts, receiving, and shipping functions.
- Maintain Cincom inventories thru daily transactions and reconciliation efforts.
- Input data for receiving logs, shipping logs, and cycle count tracking.
- Archive receiving paperwork for easy access and auditing purposes.
Confidential, Rio Rancho, NMProgram Planner/Inventory Lead/ Logistics Specialist
- Using my extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, I built new production schedules for Molding, Paint, and Assembly shop operations.
- The schedules enabled the company to cut the number of production schedulers from four to two.
- With the creation of improved, more organized schedules, I cut the company's on - hand inventory from 42 days to 24 days
- These new schedules, in conjunction with better master planning, allowed the company to raise their on-time delivery from 77% to a sustained 98%
- I am responsible for all Explosive and non-explosive inventories, all planning, shipping, receiving, inventory control, creation of Kanbans, as well as implementation of a cycle counting programs. Hands-on experience in Energetic materials includes daily magazine operations and inventory accuracy.
- In addition to the production of all painted and raw components, I directed the flow of over $90 million of shippable inventory per year.
- I led a team of co-workers in setting up the first working production cell in our plant.
- This included laying out the floor plan, directing the moving of machinery, and setting up workstations to fully utilize the area for the cell to improve the flow of product.
- I led a team of 7 that were responsible for all movement of inventory, MRP implementation, and logistics.
- This included reporting all scrap material, selling of scrap material, running material plans for raw inventory, planning all logistics through several different trucking lines, and creating inventory flow maps to help understand where potential problems could occur.
- I constantly help to resolve issues that come up during the day to day operations as well as service my customer’s requirements on their hazardous shipping needs.
- I also service our governmental customers audit needs such as DCMA and BATF ensuring that our inventory is accurate and compliant.